Talk

Advanced search

I have pak choi. I have chicken thighs and drumsticks. I have noodles. I do not have a recipe.

(5 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Thu 16-May-19 17:42:52

Clearly thinking Chinesey but I'm not very good at it usually - can anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
PaulHollywoodsSexGut Thu 16-May-19 17:47:33

Chicken in a wok until browned

Chuck in noodles (1 min)

Then the pak Choi

Grate some fresh garlic and ginger if you have it

Splash of rice wine

Splash of soy

Splash of sesame oil

Toss and serve

riverislands Sat 18-May-19 03:40:45

Chicken drumsticks and thighs may not be cooked even if they are browned. They may be burned by the time the insides cooked, with wok cooking. I think they need to be oven cooked separately.

SunshineSpring Sat 18-May-19 04:43:36

Cook your noodles first, if they are dried and you follow that first recipie. I also agree that chicken with bones in plus a wok isn't a great combination.

If you can be bothered to debone the chicken, my kids love this. I add an onion, and sometimes carrot or broccoli. So, if do that with boiled then fried noodles(or boiled rice) and boiled pak choi.

user1469989812 Sat 18-May-19 12:30:43

I would boil the drumsticks and thighs with spices to make a lovely rich stock. Then strip the meat off and add to the broth with the noodles and pak Choi. Pop into bowls sprinkle with chilli, coriander and spring onion, drizzle with srirachia and sesame oil.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »