Talk

Advanced search

Cheese sauce for a 6 month old.......unsalted butter or not?

(13 Posts)
LadyTophamSortingHatt Thu 19-Jul-07 12:19:59

can't remeber what I did last time....

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Thu 19-Jul-07 12:32:20

dunno, i used cant believe its not butter on my the other day....he enjoyed it...didnt acctually know you could get unsalted butter

blahblahblahniks Thu 19-Jul-07 12:33:35

I wouldn't worry too much - cheese has a lot of salt in anyway so a bit of butter isn't going to make that much difference.

laundrylover Thu 19-Jul-07 12:35:00

Must say that I've never worried about using salted butter for the kids - we don't add salt to anything so they only get bits in baked beans, cheese, butter etc. I suppose you could buy a dedicated block but it would last a long time eh?

I'd just make the cheese sauce for all the family and sling the baby a bit too. Mmmmm, want cheese sance now!

magnolia1 Thu 19-Jul-07 12:35:23

I used normal butter. I am careful about salt but don't panic too much if something he has is slightly salty like cheese

CatIsSleepy Thu 19-Jul-07 12:37:35

I used unsalted...but blahblah's point is a good one.

though I do find some butte ris incredibly salty

CatIsSleepy Thu 19-Jul-07 12:37:50

butter is

magnolia1 Thu 19-Jul-07 12:38:23

Well I admit I actually use Flora

ruddynorah Thu 19-Jul-07 12:38:53

we swapped to unsalted when dd was weaned, don't buy salted at all now.

LadyTophamSortingHatt Thu 19-Jul-07 12:49:31

I thought cheese was salty but I can't stand the stuff personally so wasn't sure. Don't mind it cooked/melted but as a hard lump....YUK!

Unsalted butter tastes rank IMO so maybe I'll just use the norla stuff.

laundrylover Thu 19-Jul-07 12:51:58

I agree - we switched for a while but it's not as good at all. Mind you since I joined Sliming World butter is such a rare treat I'm damned if it'll be unsalted.

hufflebranpuff Thu 19-Jul-07 12:52:03

I like unsalted butter better anyway (I use President easy spread) so I never have salted in the fridge. Agree with the other posters though that it's a fairly small amount anyway so not worth worrying about much.

LadyTophamSortingHatt Thu 19-Jul-07 14:33:49

after all this the sauce tastes exactly the same.

<rolls eyes>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now