Talk

Advanced search

Can you freeze cooked Salmon en croute?

(9 Posts)
sam221 Tue 30-Apr-19 03:38:52

Quick question-I made Salmon en croute earlier today, I used defrosted frozen salmon, fresh cream cream, fresh spinach,puff pastry and cooked the whole thing.
I tried to find the answer via google and have got conflicting advice-mainly freeze before cooking.
I have rather alot left and food like to freeze it but not sure-any advice would be appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Tue 30-Apr-19 03:40:15

Yep because you cooked the salmon you can freeze it

mimibunz Tue 30-Apr-19 03:50:59

I wouldn’t re-freeze salmon that was defrosted then cooked. An encroute should be quite fresh, imo.

sam221 Tue 30-Apr-19 03:51:54

@blondie Will the cream cheese be ok frozen too? Sorry rarely make this but had a few people visiting so made it for them.

sam221 Tue 30-Apr-19 03:54:18

@mimibunz That was what i was fearing, how many days chilled in the fridge is ok?

RichardYeager Tue 30-Apr-19 08:00:45

Yes you can because you cooked it.

Cloudtree Tue 30-Apr-19 08:04:56

You can. But it won't be great defrosted because the pastry is already cooked. Cream cheese can also separate a bit if its frozen and then defrosted.

MustardScreams Tue 30-Apr-19 08:09:30

You can but it won’t be that nice as the pastry will be soggy and you won’t be able to reheat. I’d just have it for dinner again tonight cold.

dementedpixie Sat 04-May-19 13:46:44

Why wouldn't you be able to reheat it? It might not have great texture once reheated but is perfectly fine to do so

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »