Talk

Advanced search

Need inspiration - 4 pork medallions looking woefully at me from fridge!

(10 Posts)
JolieGirl Thu 12-Jul-07 13:09:38

I have 4 'healthy eating' pork medallions ie very lean. No clue whatsoever what to do with them and they need eating today otherwise they will be past best before date. Any bright ideas to make them a little bit more exciting than just grilling them?

NAB3 Thu 12-Jul-07 13:10:22

Hang on! I have a fab recipe.

aloha Thu 12-Jul-07 13:10:49

pan fry with butter lemon and sage. Yum.

aloha Thu 12-Jul-07 13:10:50

pan fry with butter lemon and sage. Yum.

NAB3 Thu 12-Jul-07 13:17:49

It is for chops but I am sure it would work fine.
Serves 4.
Ingredients
1kg/2lb 4oz potatoes, peeled & thickly sliced
1 onion, finely sliced.
Splash of cider, wine, water or stock.
2tbsp olive oil.
4 pork chops (about 60z each)
100g/4oz Cheddar cheese, grated.
1tbsp wholegrain mustard
3tbsp of milk

The only things I ever measure out are olive oil, mustard and milk and it turned out fine.

Method

Heat oven to 230c/fan210/gas 8. In a large bowl toss the potatoes, onion, liquid and oil together. Season with salt & pepper. Tip the onion and potatoes into a large saute pan & bake for 20-30 mins until the potatoes start to brown. Lay the chops on top of the potaotes and cook for 10 mins more.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix the cheese, mustard and milk together. When the chops have had their 10 mins, spread the cheese mixture over them and switch the oven over to grill. Place the pan under the grill and cook for about 5mins until the cheese is bubbling and the potatoes are golden and crisp. Serve straight from the pan.

Scootergrrrl Thu 12-Jul-07 13:20:09

Mix honey, Chinese 5 spice and orange juice. Slaet on pork. Grill. Yummy!

titchy Thu 12-Jul-07 13:25:49

Fry them with some mushrooms, then add a bit of tomato puree to pan, then add a tablespoon of redcurrant jelly, when nearly cooked add a bit of cornflour and stock, simmer till reduced a bit then add three tablespoons of creme fraiche. Lovely If you don't completey mix in the creme fraiche you get a snazzy marbled effect with the suace which looks quite impressive too!

JolieGirl Thu 12-Jul-07 13:32:58

Marvellous...thanks ladies! Dribbling at the thought of dinner tonight already! How to decide between all those recipes - perhaps one per medallion?!

aloha Thu 12-Jul-07 13:34:18

Or pan fry in butter with mushrooms then add creme fraiche and grainy mustard to make a sauce.

NAB3 Fri 13-Jul-07 17:47:45

Which did you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now