Talk

Advanced search

Hazelnut praline paste ideas

(5 Posts)
AnotherOne4 Thu 28-Mar-19 19:37:44

I have a bucket load of praline paste left over from some chocolates i made. Any ideas what I can use it up on/with/in?

OP’s posts: |
ChaosMoon Thu 28-Mar-19 20:18:01

I used praline paste instead of caramel in these - www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/salted-caramel-brownies

AnotherOne4 Thu 28-Mar-19 21:13:00

Ooh that's a good idea. Thanks ChaosMoon.
I was also thinking I could maybe make a mousse or tart, but can't find a recipe.

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Fri 29-Mar-19 00:43:11

Bake it into croissant dough for a twist on pain au chocolate or do use it to make a version of hot cross buns

Ricekrispie22 Fri 29-Mar-19 05:11:22

It makes excellent cake icing. Whip 300ml double cream until it just begins to thicken and hold its shape. The whisk will leave a trail when lifted. Add 2 generous tbsp of hazelnut praline. Whisk until the cream again holds its shape. Add a further 2 tbsp of praline and whisk again until the cream retains its shape. Works well with chocolate or coffee cakes. I’ve also seen this recipe but never tried it goodfood.uktv.co.uk/recipe/hazelnut-praline-triple-layer-cake/

Hazelnut praline ice cream is amazing! www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/baked-pears-hazelnut-praline-ice-cream-and-biscotti/

And then if you still have any left, how about a cheesecake?! www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/g/georgina-hayden-sbakedstrawberrypralinecheesecake.html

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »