Talk

Advanced search

Mother's Day Lunch

(7 Posts)
SlinkyDinkyDoo Mon 25-Mar-19 14:05:50

If you're making for your mum, what are you planning?

Mine has false teeth so struggles a bit with certain foods (beef, really crusty bread).

What's on your menu for Sunday?

OP’s posts: |
AdaColeman Mon 25-Mar-19 14:11:21

As she struggles with chewing, salmon wold be a good easy to eat option, maybe with new potatoes and asparagus.
You could start with avocado vinaigrette and have rhubarb fool for pudding.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 26-Mar-19 13:08:43

I’m going to make this strudel www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/mushroom-cheese-and-vegetable-strudel
Followed by white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake

SlinkyDinkyDoo Tue 26-Mar-19 14:25:52

Salmon! Great idea. I think the strudel is beyond my culinery capabilities.

OP’s posts: |
Ragwort Tue 26-Mar-19 14:28:53

I am planning to cook my mum the leg of lamb that she bought & put in her freezer but can’t think of an opportunity to eat it grin, just hope she agrees when I suggest that to her!

AdaColeman Tue 26-Mar-19 16:59:12

If you decide on salmon you can dress it up a bit with a home made cold sauce of plain Greek yoghurt with some finely chopped or scissored watercress leaves (don't use the tough stems) and pepper or a little spot of paprika stirred in.

kateandme Wed 27-Mar-19 06:23:43

a small bowl of soup for starters
could you do some salmon with some dauphinoise.cooking the potatoes I nthis way makes them softer and easier with the sauce and salmon is soft.with some nice soft leeks
or a fish pie.
lovely shephard or cottage pie.
a tiramisu
crumble
summer pudding
treacle or apple spgone for pudding.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »