Talk

Advanced search

Salmon flake receipts

(13 Posts)
CheshireChat Sat 23-Mar-19 20:10:00

When I'm too lazy to make crepes to have with smoked salmon and cream cheese (and green onions), I use the little Chinese pancakes you usually have with duck.

MatildaTheGreat Thu 21-Mar-19 08:12:48

This week for lunch I flaked some cooked salmon into beaten eggs, peas and seasoning. I then poured into silicone cases and cooked in oven for 15 mins. They were delicious.

SudoWouldnt Wed 20-Mar-19 00:49:21

I like lemon juice, a little olive oil and lots of capers.

Smellbellina Wed 20-Mar-19 00:15:00

Hot smoked salmon is amazing with tomatoes, smoked salmon, basil and mozzarella with some leaves, my favourite salad.

Blondie1984 Wed 20-Mar-19 00:13:12

If you think down cream cheese (especially one with blacked pepper in it) with a little milk, heat it over a low heat and then stir in your cooked pasta and salmon then it's lovely - add some dry fried mushrooms and it's heaven (and one of your 5 a day!)

pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 22:30:22

Thanks so much for all the suggestions smile

I reckon I'll try them all and then stick to my favourite.

OP’s posts: |
AdaColeman Tue 19-Mar-19 17:19:32

The mayonnaise/pasta mix would be fine pasanda, you could add some rocket leaves or watercress for a bit of colour, or diced cucumber would work too.
Other dressings you could use as a change from mayonnaise would be a herb cheese such as Boursin mixed with sour cream to soften it, or plain yoghurt and herbs with some lemon juice.

Ricekrispie22 Tue 19-Mar-19 16:58:43

You don’t say whether the salmon flakes are hot smoked, but most of the packets sold in supermarkets are. I regularly buy salmon flakes and have a few different things that I do with them.
These recipes are good for lunchboxes
www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/h/hot_smoked_salmon__lemon_oil_and_rosemary_pasta.html
www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/super-salmon-salad/
www.taste.com.au/recipes/salmon-potato-salad-mustard-chive-dressing/64eae5eb-536a-4b54-b191-cbbf46f87dcf Snow peas are the same as sugar snap peas!
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5541/hotsmoked-salmon-with-creamy-pasta-and-pine-nuts
www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/recipes/hot-smoked-salmon-pasta-with-asparagus-and-strong-horseradish-cream-a8042686.html

Bayleyf Tue 19-Mar-19 12:50:43

I'd go for cream cheese over mayo, and any herbs you have around. But the concept sounds good!

pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 11:52:01

Journey - I doubt it!! grin

JourneyofSelfImprovement Tue 19-Mar-19 11:50:52

Sounds good to me OP!

I'd maybe stick a bit of black pepper in it too although I'm probably a worse cook than you

pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 11:50:22

Obviously I meant recipe in the title!

pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 11:49:49

I bought some salmon flakes yesterday, thinking I could do a cold pasta thing to take to work (trying to be healthy and eat fish!).

I am a dreadful cook however so can't think how to do it!

My idea is cold pasta, salmon flakes mayonnaise and peppers.

Does this sound like it would work? Any other ideas?

I know I'm crap in the kitchen!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in