Talk

Advanced search

Salmon flake receipts

(13 Posts)
pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 11:49:49

I bought some salmon flakes yesterday, thinking I could do a cold pasta thing to take to work (trying to be healthy and eat fish!).

I am a dreadful cook however so can't think how to do it!

My idea is cold pasta, salmon flakes mayonnaise and peppers.

Does this sound like it would work? Any other ideas?

I know I'm crap in the kitchen!

OP’s posts: |
pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 11:50:22

Obviously I meant recipe in the title!

JourneyofSelfImprovement Tue 19-Mar-19 11:50:52

Sounds good to me OP!

I'd maybe stick a bit of black pepper in it too although I'm probably a worse cook than you

pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 11:52:01

Journey - I doubt it!! grin

Bayleyf Tue 19-Mar-19 12:50:43

I'd go for cream cheese over mayo, and any herbs you have around. But the concept sounds good!

Ricekrispie22 Tue 19-Mar-19 16:58:43

You don’t say whether the salmon flakes are hot smoked, but most of the packets sold in supermarkets are. I regularly buy salmon flakes and have a few different things that I do with them.
These recipes are good for lunchboxes
www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/h/hot_smoked_salmon__lemon_oil_and_rosemary_pasta.html
www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/super-salmon-salad/
www.taste.com.au/recipes/salmon-potato-salad-mustard-chive-dressing/64eae5eb-536a-4b54-b191-cbbf46f87dcf Snow peas are the same as sugar snap peas!
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5541/hotsmoked-salmon-with-creamy-pasta-and-pine-nuts
www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/recipes/hot-smoked-salmon-pasta-with-asparagus-and-strong-horseradish-cream-a8042686.html

AdaColeman Tue 19-Mar-19 17:19:32

The mayonnaise/pasta mix would be fine pasanda, you could add some rocket leaves or watercress for a bit of colour, or diced cucumber would work too.
Other dressings you could use as a change from mayonnaise would be a herb cheese such as Boursin mixed with sour cream to soften it, or plain yoghurt and herbs with some lemon juice.

pasanda Tue 19-Mar-19 22:30:22

Thanks so much for all the suggestions smile

I reckon I'll try them all and then stick to my favourite.

Blondie1984 Wed 20-Mar-19 00:13:12

If you think down cream cheese (especially one with blacked pepper in it) with a little milk, heat it over a low heat and then stir in your cooked pasta and salmon then it's lovely - add some dry fried mushrooms and it's heaven (and one of your 5 a day!)

Smellbellina Wed 20-Mar-19 00:15:00

Hot smoked salmon is amazing with tomatoes, smoked salmon, basil and mozzarella with some leaves, my favourite salad.

SudoWouldnt Wed 20-Mar-19 00:49:21

I like lemon juice, a little olive oil and lots of capers.

MatildaTheGreat Thu 21-Mar-19 08:12:48

This week for lunch I flaked some cooked salmon into beaten eggs, peas and seasoning. I then poured into silicone cases and cooked in oven for 15 mins. They were delicious.

CheshireChat Sat 23-Mar-19 20:10:00

When I'm too lazy to make crepes to have with smoked salmon and cream cheese (and green onions), I use the little Chinese pancakes you usually have with duck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »