Talk

Advanced search

Which recipe book shall I buy?

(20 Posts)
bluechameleon Sat 16-Mar-19 23:17:33

I have lots of Waterstones points so I'm going to treat myself to a new recipe book. My current favourites are HFW Much More Veg, Leon Real Food and One Pot and Save with Jamie. Long term favourites are Nigel Slater's 30 Minute Cook, the World Food Cafe book and various Madhur Jaffrey and Anjum Anand books. What have you bought and enjoyed recently? What are your old favourites? Please inspire me!

OP’s posts: |
Dermymc Sat 16-Mar-19 23:20:37

We've got "the roasting tin" and love it.

Blondie1984 Sun 17-Mar-19 01:08:47

I bought Ottolenghi's "Simple" just before Xmas and really like it - already quite a lot of food splattered pages - and the same goes for "Persiana" by Sabrina Ghayour - I bought that one after going to a friend's for dinner and loving what she cooked

ChaosMoon Mon 18-Mar-19 12:06:05

you have great taste OP.

I love Persiana but be aware that most of the recipes take a long time.

Another favourite is Take One Veg by Georgina Fuggle. I find that vegetarian recipes from people who aren't veggie means recipes that are just there to celebrate vegetables because they're bloody awesome.

YahBasic Mon 18-Mar-19 17:53:04

The ones that we use the most for day to day cooking is the Roasting Tin and the Comptoir Libannais book.

mrsawhite Mon 18-Mar-19 17:54:16

I've ordered Tom Kerridge's new one. Work in a Bookshop and have loved having a look through it. Arriving tomorrow 😊

villamariavintrapp Mon 18-Mar-19 23:25:22

Yup roasting tin, also meera sodha

bluechameleon Tue 19-Mar-19 20:52:27

Lots of votes for Roasting Tin. Do people like the original or the veggie one? Persiana looks lovely but I'm more looking for everyday dinners. I bought the Ottolenghi for my mum's birthday and she said it's good so I might consider that. I like the look of Take One Veg too. Thanks all, I'll go and have a browse.

reindeermania Wed 20-Mar-19 07:57:30

Have you got Anna jones modern way to eat? It's vegetarian and just my absolute favourite. Her recipes are easy and brilliant.

I also LOVE Diana Henry's simple for everyday cooking - it's a well used well splattered book.

bluechameleon Wed 20-Mar-19 12:01:17

Ooh, thank you reindeer, they both look lovely and have gone on the list. I'm not at all sure I'm going to be able to limit myself to buying just one book, there are so many I want.

mrsawhite Wed 20-Mar-19 15:10:15

Also love Anna jones!

Xiaoxiong Wed 20-Mar-19 23:09:13

I've been loving How to eat a peach by Diana Henry. Beautiful writing as well as lovely recipes.

MatildaTheGreat Thu 21-Mar-19 08:15:53

I’ve just bought 10 a day the easy way by James Wong - all about eating more fruit and veg.

UnPocoLoco2 Thu 21-Mar-19 17:47:32

He curry guy easy is a great book, as is the baby led weaning family cookbook( my 5 year old loves the chicken tikka masala in this book) but you may have to get the second on amazon. It is Irish and not readily available in the uk. I'm sure they could order it in for you though.

Celeriacacaca Tue 26-Mar-19 18:14:34

Ooooh some lovely ideas here!

Chancewouldbeafinethlng Tue 26-Mar-19 18:17:21

Slow by Gizzi Erskine is brill.

I’ve preordered tin can cook too.

GrannyHaddock Tue 26-Mar-19 19:49:35

Meera Sodha; Fresh India, worth it just for the Butter Paneer Masala recipe alone.

ElspethFlashman Tue 26-Mar-19 19:55:25

Home Cook by Alistair Hendy is great for lush lush comfort food like your Mum would make. God its delicious. Really simple.

DH really rates the River Cottage cookbook, the original one. He uses it a hell of a lot.

mrsawhite Tue 26-Mar-19 20:09:19

Just tried a recipe out of the new curry guys veggie book. Yum!

bubblegirl67 Thu 28-Mar-19 14:19:29

Sabrina Ghayour' "Feast" - lovely salads, grilled meats, tray bakes etc all really flavourful and delicious.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »