Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend the Pressure King Pro

(12 Posts)
DoctorTech Sat 16-Mar-19 15:13:10

Hi, I am looking for a combined slow cooker and pressure cooker. Are the Pressure king Pro's any good. Thinking of the 6L one or does anyone have experience of the amazon basics range pressure cooker

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 16-Mar-19 19:38:59

No sorry OP shameful place marking

Happygolucky009 Sat 16-Mar-19 20:33:23

Bump

DoctorTech Thu 21-Mar-19 19:47:43

Not too sure what you mean by place marking, as I was asking a genuine question.
Anyway I went for an amazon basics pressure cooker.
Arrived today. First impressions are the manual is useless. It basically says I have a pressure cooker with umpteen functions but no guides on how to cook anything.
Went to the Pressure King Pro website and found recipes on there, so will try one of these next week.

adulthumanwolf Thu 21-Mar-19 20:01:47

Bought mine in January and it stopped working after 3 uses. Piece of shite.

DoctorTech Sat 23-Mar-19 14:17:21

Was that the Pressure King or the Amazon Basics one

adulthumanwolf Sat 23-Mar-19 14:38:30

It's the pressure king pro.

Chocmallows Sat 23-Mar-19 14:49:04

I have had a pressure king pro for around 5 years. I regularly cook chicken breasts in it, cut the packet open, throw them in, add a small amount of water, sometimes garlic and/or herbs, spices whatever is in kitchen cook on casserole option for 9 minutes.

I let the meat cool and tear apart removing touch pieces and I love not having raw meat anywhere around the kitchen.

I also make curries in the same bowl, put spices and small amount of oil in and set to heat with lid off, stir around, then stick cooked chicken, onion, passata and peppers in. Lid on and 5 minutes it is done.

TakeMe2Insanity Mon 25-Mar-19 07:55:32

We got ours in October and it has been fantastic. We cook a lot of Pakistani food in there, whole meal rice is super fluffy and light, beans/lentils very easy to cook. I like the fact it’s not just a pressure cooker.

DoctorTech Mon 08-Apr-19 21:12:45

I've done two recipes so far. A bolognese and an arroz caldoso, which I finished off in a frying pan to make it more paella like. the kids loved it and wanted seconds.
One thing I would say is that the amazon basics pressure cooker doesn't actually come with any meaningful instructions. It basically tells you its got this function or that function and thats it. A recipe book would have been nice.

DoctorTech Thu 09-May-19 16:16:41

Had to send the pressure cook back as it developed a high pitched whistling. amazon changed it without any hassle. New one doesn't whistle so far.

SugarMiceInTheRain Thu 09-May-19 16:19:19

Loved mine until I broke it (entirely through own stupidity) voiding the warranty blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »