Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose an induction hob

(7 Posts)
Trethew Wed 13-Mar-19 11:21:06

I want to get a free-standing single plate hob. Mostly for using a large frying pan.

I’m going round in circles looking at reviews, most of which are years old. Any advice most welcome.

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Thu 14-Mar-19 00:30:22

Stick with gas - my mum has an induction and it's a nightmare - and unless that large frying pan is suitable for an induction (many aren't) then you'll need to buy a new one

MsRinky Thu 14-Mar-19 16:27:07

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/appliances/hobs/tillreda-portable-induction-hob-white-art-40331630/

£35. Brilliant.

FusionChefGeoff Sat 16-Mar-19 09:19:53

My only caution is make sure the cooking surface is the same size as your pan. Even the largest ring in the induction hob in our new house is too small for my mega pan which is very frustrating if trying to do pancakes!

user1498572889 Sat 16-Mar-19 09:40:53

Get a flexi induction job. No restrictions on pan size.

SpamChaudFroid Sat 16-Mar-19 09:41:43

To check if your pan's induction friendly, there should be a symbol on the base, like looped Ls. Or see if a magnet sticks to it. Or you can buy a base for the pan to sit on.

Induction is awesome! I have a 4 plate one though, so no good for you. I have seen the Ikea one praised a fair bit.

Trethew Sat 16-Mar-19 12:16:03

Thanks all. I’ll go for the IKEA one

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »