Talk

Advanced search

Low fodmap camping ideas please

(3 Posts)
HedwigCrookshankScabbers Tue 12-Mar-19 16:55:51

Hi All I'm doing the fodmap elimination phase at the minute and planning on a camping trip soon. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what I can eat?

We've got a camping stove as well as our portable barbeque. I was thinking chicken / beef skewers with just meat and peppers to cook on the bbq. I've no idea what else though

OP’s posts: |
ladybee28 Tue 12-Mar-19 17:05:00

I ate a lot of lightly sauteed spiralised courgette in my elimination phase! With chicken, coriander, a squeeze of lime and some charred cherry tomatoes it's actually pretty tasty...

Oats are nice for the morning, with almond milk and a chopped banana.

Spelt sourdough bread for sandwiches...

Popcorn and rice / maize cakes are good for snacks, especially the ones with dark chocolate on top...

How long are you going for?

HedwigCrookshankScabbers Tue 12-Mar-19 17:07:35

I ate a lot of lightly sauteed spiralised courgette in my elimination phase! With chicken, coriander, a squeeze of lime and some charred cherry tomatoes it's actually pretty tasty...

That sounds so nice! DP wouldn't eat courgette but I could definitely make that with spiralised carrot instead.

We'd be going Friday afternoon to Sunday evening potentially until Monday morning though most likely coming home Sunday. So realistically we're looking at 2 evening meals, 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »