Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick and easy prepare-ahead nibbles please

(6 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Mon 09-Jul-07 12:43:20

OK, being very lazy, should really be searching the internet or my mountain of cookery books!
Can you recommend any quick and easy canape/nibbly things which can be prepared ahead with minimal assembly before serving?
I'd like something a bit different to dips; thinking of melon in parma ham; blinis with cream cheese/prawns. Preferably things you have tried so you know they'll keep ok if I make a couple of hours ahead. Thanks!

lilolilmanchester Mon 09-Jul-07 20:51:05

I take it "nibbles" aren't in these days, then?

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 09-Jul-07 21:17:43

Grate some parmesan - coarse rather than fine - and drop into small heaps on a non-stick baking tray, then bake till melted and golden (doesn't take long). Take them off the baking sheet whilst still warm and let them solidify. They make lovely, light and crispy nibbles.

Think they can be made with cheddar as well (although I haven't tried this) - but worth having a quick experiment!

sparkler Mon 09-Jul-07 21:18:34

choccie dipped strawberries - yum!

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 09-Jul-07 21:20:16

And another one - little cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto:

Cut tomatoes in half
Cube mozzarella and dip into pesto, to give them a good covering
Take a cocktail stick and skewer in this order - half a cherry tomato, a cube of mozzarella and the other half of the tomato.

Really easy, but need to be prepared quite close to the time you need to serve them (could always cut the tomatoes, cube the mozzarella before hand)

lilolilmanchester Mon 09-Jul-07 22:40:23

BecauseImWorth it - thanks, like both of these.
Sparkler - these would be great with the pud/coffee. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now