Talk

Advanced search

Help, curry tastes vinegary!

(8 Posts)
Lymphy Mon 11-Mar-19 16:22:05

Can anyone suggest a way to get shot of a overwhelming vinegary taste? I’ve chucked some lamb and Patacks pasanda sauce in the slow cooker, I’ve never used the jars of sauce before but thought I’d try, lamb is beautiful but the sauce is really vinegary, is there anything I can do??

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 12-Mar-19 16:06:40

No idea sorry OP.

ExplodingCarrots Tue 12-Mar-19 16:08:47

Its the slow cooker. Everytime I cook certain things like curries in a slow cooker there's a vinegar/ bitter taste. I have no idea why though.

emmalovesmangoes Tue 12-Mar-19 16:13:27

Add a sprinkle of sugar ? Might help ? And some tomato purée x

92AP Tue 12-Mar-19 16:14:04

Sweetness. Bit of sugar or honey should do the trick. Sweetness should balance out over bitter or over salty dishes.

LazyFace Tue 12-Mar-19 18:19:58

Sorry, no idea but I'm sure it was the sauce. I haven't yet found a non-vinegary katsu or chinese curry sauce either yet.

Connieston Tue 12-Mar-19 18:25:56

In a pan it would perhaps have had buttery fat or oil to get the meat started, contributing to the flavour. I'd go for stirring in a blob of butter and a teaspoon of honey. Fat contributes so much flavour. It's why toast and margarine won't ever have the delicious taste of toast and butter.

Lymphy Wed 13-Mar-19 11:44:02

Thanks all, I fixed it with baking powder and tiny bit of sugar worked a treat

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »