Talk

Advanced search

Spanish/Moorish Roast Chicken

(5 Posts)
myrtleWilson Sat 02-Mar-19 21:54:04

Am going to do a chicken for lunch/dinner tomorrow but have a craving for some Spanish/moorish flavours...(my daughter loves both patatas bravas and Yorkshire pudding but not sure how I could do both!).

But I can't decide which way to go - would you prefer...

a) Roast Chicken with preserved lemons (a la Moro) www.eattherightstuff.com/blog/2009/3/3/moros-roast-chicken-with-preserved-lemon.html with cous cous and some asparagus? Or possibly some patatas bravas?

b) Harissa Chicken (again from Moro) - so stronger spicing but then would the patatas bravas clash with the harrisa?http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/recipes/moros-roast-chicken-with-harissa/

or c) less pimped up chicken, simple roast but maybe with paprika infused oil on the chicken and then served with a punchy romesco, patatas bravas some aioli and some as yet undetermined vegetables...

Could do a YP for daughter but add some saffron and or paprika to the mixture....

if you have better/tried and tested Spanish/Moorish Roast Chicken ideas do please share!!

OP’s posts: |
Chewbecca Sat 02-Mar-19 21:56:25

Have your ever made Delia’s chicken basque? Perhaps not authentic but easy and v v tasty.

myrtleWilson Sat 02-Mar-19 22:02:44

No, not made it but I'll go and look it up! Thanks'

kateandme Sat 02-Mar-19 22:14:53

www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/spanish-style-roast-chicken-recipe/
this is really nice.

myrtleWilson Sat 02-Mar-19 23:02:04

thank you kateandme - I may do that buttering for a not so pimped up chicken!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »