Advanced search

What do we call 'collard greens' in UK/Ireland?

(9 Posts)
BlackAmericanoNoSugar Sun 24-Feb-19 21:05:11

They have large green leaves, so some sort of cabbage I guess.

OP’s posts: |
PrestonsFlowers Sun 24-Feb-19 21:08:02

I just call that green cabbage,

Yubaba Sun 24-Feb-19 21:08:47

Kale or spring greens would be the closest equivalent in the uk

titchy Sun 24-Feb-19 21:09:26

Spring greens.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Sun 24-Feb-19 21:23:18

Thanks. grin

OP’s posts: |
LaFreaka Mon 25-Feb-19 08:43:35

As far as I know we don't eat collard greens here!

TheQueef Mon 25-Feb-19 08:45:25

Spring greens.
I had some yesterday with leeks, green beans and butter they were delicious.

Felicia4 Mon 25-Feb-19 08:50:00

Very similar to spring greens

drspouse Wed 27-Feb-19 19:43:46

Collard greens are more bitter but spring greens are similar.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »