Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a tried and tested, really tasty, vegetarian cauliflower recipe

(21 Posts)
NannyR Fri 22-Feb-19 09:44:33

I've got a cauliflower lurking in the fridge, has anyone got a recipe they can recommend? I fancy doing something a bit more adventurous than basic cauliflower cheese, was thinking maybe an Indian flavour, maybe roasting it?
Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
SuperLoudPoppingAction Fri 22-Feb-19 09:45:20

I like buffalo cauliflower 'wings'

BIWI Fri 22-Feb-19 10:10:18

Put it in a plastic bag and add a good swoosh (technical term) of olive oil, add a shake of ground cumin and season with sea salt and black pepper.

Add to this a thickly sliced onion or two and shake it all together to get it coated in the oil and seasonings.

Roast in a hot oven till nicely charred - around 20-30 minutes.

FermatsTheorem Fri 22-Feb-19 10:24:28

My mum used to do cauliflower with roasted tomatoes and onions on top, with a good sprinkle of pepper. (A bit of parmesan on top too if you fancy it).

Also, as a side dish to a curry, I can recommend cauliflower, sweet potato, onion and chickpeas - heat some oil with turmeric, whole coriander seeds and whole cumin seeds in the oven, and roast the whole lot for about 40 minutes.

NannyR Fri 22-Feb-19 10:45:00

These all sound delicious, thank you!

OP’s posts: |
Sexnotgender Fri 22-Feb-19 10:48:30

I chop it into florets toss in olive oil salt and pepper and roast it until it’s quite crispy round the edges.
Then mix it into an Alfredo sauce - butter, garlic, cream and Parmesan (I know Parmesan isn’t vegetarian but you could sub it out for a vegetarian hard cheese).
I have crispy Parma ham mixed in too but you could swap for sautéed mushrooms or something.

justforareply Fri 22-Feb-19 10:50:04

Try googling prashads cauliflower and pea curry - this one. A staple in my house

MillicentSnitch Sat 23-Feb-19 15:46:30

Cauliflower and chickpea curry, tomato base with coconut milk or creamed.

AlexaShutUp Sat 23-Feb-19 15:47:46

Aloo gobi! There are lots of recipes online.smile

Ffsnosexallowed Sat 23-Feb-19 15:53:46

Roast florets with a bulb of garlic (slice to off garlic, drizzle with olive oil wrap in foil) and some thyme. Fry off a finely chopped onion. Add some veg stock. When cauliflower is roasted add it to the stock, squeeze in the garlic, some until cauliflower is falling apart. Blitz. Yum.

Milliways Sat 23-Feb-19 16:02:05

Our family all liked this one:
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/roasted-cauliflower-hazelnut-carbonara

lastqueenofscotland Sat 23-Feb-19 17:05:36

Roasted with a tonne of garam masala

Snowy111 Sat 23-Feb-19 17:08:22

Nit a meal but have you had cauliflower rice with a veggie curry? It freezes well too before cooking

OrchidInTheSun Sat 23-Feb-19 17:09:06

This is gorgeous http://www.bent-street-kitchen.com/recipes-as-blog/2016/3/13/3oaggjajygg4ktqitc6pa4icjtyqb1

witchy89 Sat 23-Feb-19 17:12:48

I LOVE roast cauliflower! It's goes all gooey and delicious. I pop it in a roasting dish with some garlic cloves, cashews and broad beans! Bit of oil and lemon so the beans don't dry out, roast until the cauli is cooked.

Raera Sat 23-Feb-19 17:43:08

Cauliflower and paneer curry. I think it's on BBC Good Food. I cheat though and use a Sharwood jar!

SheRaTheAllPowerful Sat 23-Feb-19 17:43:45

Cauliflower pasta

QuantumWeatherButterfly Sat 23-Feb-19 17:43:55

We do this, which is delicious: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/cauliflower-and-macaroni-cheese/

Although I admit is do use my own cheese sauce recipe, which has a bit lot more cheese. And I put a breadcrumb topping on. So really, the original recipe is more of an inspiration than actual instructionssmile

Momzilla82 Sat 23-Feb-19 17:47:28

www.abelandcole.co.uk/recipes/cauli-coconut-curry

We use this to use up odds and sods from the fridge drawer. Can add frozen peas, spinach any sort of veg really

Hoppinggreen Sun 24-Feb-19 15:26:39

Curry is nice but I love the “buffalo wings” I’m not veg or vegan so I serve them with blue cheese mayo

villamariavintrapp Sun 24-Feb-19 23:51:17

Assuming you’ve eaten it by now, but next time the turmeric cauliflower recipe here is amazing! https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/oct/24/whole-roasted-vegetable-recipes-squash-cauliflower-anna-jones-the-modern-cook

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »