Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

magimix - who had one and do you

(10 Posts)
hermykne Thu 05-Jul-07 14:49:15

handwash the parts as instructed too? or if utting in dishwasher, top shelf and no drying programme?

pain the neck having to wash the feckin thing by hand after it doing all the work to make the mix, seems contradictionary to then have to hand wash it!! probably take longer to do that.

Marina Thu 05-Jul-07 14:52:55

Am about to out myself as slob par excellence but I just scrape out, part fill with hot soapy water, and carry on mixing . Then a quick rinse and a wipe...
I don't dishwash it. They are hostile environments for the magimix style of plastic. I do dishwash the blade and graters if meat has been involved though

Wisteria Thu 05-Jul-07 14:54:50

never thought of doing that Marina! Reckon that's tip of the week on Mumsnet.
I've been washing mine by hand for years - mine is now over 35years old and still going strong; wonderful machines!

Marina Thu 05-Jul-07 15:10:05

I love mine too as you can tell from my painstaking cleaning efforts
No-one got salmonella yet though [phew emoticon]

hermykne Thu 05-Jul-07 15:35:41

right so i have to wash the bowls by hand then.
thanks

sophy Thu 05-Jul-07 16:51:22

I did not know you were not supposed to put them in the dishwasher, and have been doing so with no ill effects for years.

Wisteria Thu 05-Jul-07 17:00:34

Sophy - I'm sure it would do you no harm whatsoever (like most things we're not supposed to do, which I ignore).
Whenever I put mine in the dishwasher I have to get it out again and wash it because I use it too often!

muppetgirl Thu 05-Jul-07 21:59:42

Have just bought one (yesterday) and have so far made bread and pizza. Love it BUT did cut my thumb rather nastily on the b**rd thing. When I wshed it I did think it was the most cumbersome thing with the most amazing ammount of ridges for food to get stuck in.
So stuffed it into the dishwasher.....

Apparently it's made of riot shield plastic?

Wisteria Thu 05-Jul-07 22:01:16

Yeah Muppetg - I sliced my thumb open once when it was at the bottom of the washing up bowl, killed! Don't ever camouflage them, that's all I can say!

muppetgirl Thu 05-Jul-07 22:03:45

...ah the washing up bowl.
That was ne too.

Was seen dancing round kitchen (hand in air)with blood pouring out onto kitchen towel trying to keep 3 year old out as didn't want to scare him!

Ended up round neighbours house as it really wouldn't stop.

Pizza was good though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now