Talk

Advanced search

Cooking chicken legs

(5 Posts)
MoosMa Wed 04-Jul-07 11:04:38

I've been jointing chickens myself to save money but find I end up with unwanted legs. I thought I'd cook them to eat in sandwiches, but what's the best way? I've tried pressure cooking them but I didn't know how long to do them for so they ended up a bit rubbery. Can they be roasted? If so, how long should it take?

myjobismum Wed 04-Jul-07 11:11:08

oh we have legs all the time!!!

if its the full leg (drumstick and thigh) then usually cook on about 200oC for around an hour

if its just the drumstick then usually around 180oC for around 40mins

both types i just chuck on a backing tray no oil or anything and put on shelf between centre and top of oven!

hope this helps and enjoy your sandwiches!

francagoestohollywood Wed 04-Jul-07 11:21:01

chicken legs are lovely! roast them in the oven (the skin gets all crispy and yummie) or fry them gently in a pan, with olive oil, rosemary, garlic and olives if you like them.

MoosMa Wed 04-Jul-07 12:17:37

Ooh FGTH that sounds nice and my brother gave me some rosemary and garlic flavoured olive oil from Italy, maybe I'll add it to them and roast them, that sounds nice (I'm hungry now).

MrsBadger Wed 04-Jul-07 12:19:19

really lazy and good cold for lunchboxes:

place in baking tin, cover in barbecue sauce, cover tin with foil, 30min 180 ish

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: