Talk

Advanced search

Easy starter to go with fish main course

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 08-Feb-19 07:37:52

We have friends coming for dinner tomorrow. New friends who are both foodies and brilliant at entertaining.grin

I’m doing Delia’s salmon with pesto and pecorino cheese topping for main course.

Any suggestions please for an easy starter that I can prepare and have ready?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
Hermano Fri 08-Feb-19 07:40:34

I'd probably go for a nice salad with sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, maybe some feta, seeds. I don't have a recipe handy but something fresh and juicy and a bit zingy would be a nice starter to fish.

wowfudge Fri 08-Feb-19 07:46:56

I'd add roasted red peppers to the pp's suggestion and some rocket and lamb's lettuce.

Quarepants Fri 08-Feb-19 07:47:52

Blue cheese, pear and rocket salad (here use tinned pears.

Or

Asparagus wrapped in Parma ham, roasted in olive oil and served with garlic mayo (though doesn't really need the mayo)

Hermano Fri 08-Feb-19 07:54:36

Yes wowfudge, roasted peppers definitely!

Basically cold roast veg mixed with some kind of leaf grin

I make an amazing salad dressing which is something like equal quantities of:.
Olive oil
Lime juice
Fish sauce
Honey

I lost the recipe and the above isn't quite right so I make it like that then add splashes of those ingredients until it tastes right. I think you need less honey / more lime. The fish sauce sends it out of this world, its one of those tastes you crave for weeks after.
You can add a bit of plain yoghurt to calm it down if it's a bit too zingy

Mmmmmm I'm doing this tonight!

mckenzie Fri 08-Feb-19 12:11:29

Thank you all
I have fish sauce on in my cupboard and limes in my fridge so I’m going to try that dressing tonight.

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Fri 08-Feb-19 16:14:11

I did this parma ham and celeriac remoulade at Christmas and it turned out really well but was so easy. www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/entertain/parma-ham-with-celeriac-remoulade/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »