Talk

Advanced search

A blast from MN'S culinary past - Suzy Wong Brownies

(10 Posts)
SoupDragon Tue 05-Feb-19 19:30:48

OMG - just made these for DD's 13th birthday cake and they are absolutely awesome! She didn't even exist back when the recipe was originally posted. I've eaten way too many.

The full recipe is posted on Thu 30-Sep-04 at 12:49:04

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/a37892-finally-revealed-suzywong-s-worldfamous-brownie-recipe#866763

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 11-Feb-19 20:44:52

Wow, they sound good. My DD would love these and she definitely didn't exist when the recipe was posted smile

LadyDeadpool Mon 11-Feb-19 21:17:11

God they sound good. Will give them a shot this weekend.

I still bake flapjacks to your recipe, well some of the mixture gets baked - some of it goes straight into hungry mouths. grin

SoupDragon Mon 11-Feb-19 21:24:44

I have to say, this is the first time I've managed to get them to be the perfect texture. When I've tried before they've been too gooey (which is not a bad thing as such!)

I dare not make more (although my other DC have birthdays over the next few weeks!)

OP’s posts: |
FlaviaAlbia Mon 11-Feb-19 21:40:25

Amazing!

I can't be the only one who wants to know if DingALongCow's DH's bosses marriage survived the lack of oven for brownies though? grin

FlaviaAlbia Fri 15-Feb-19 19:16:56

I've got these cooling in the tin now. I'm hoping I've judged it right in the timings but they smell amazing anyway

2ofstedsin24weeksistakingthep Mon 01-Apr-19 17:28:01

I came looking for a scone recipe I used years ago but now I want to make brownies. Suzy Wong's brownies were always my go to recipe back in the day.

TooOldForThisWhoCares Mon 01-Apr-19 17:28:46

Has this thing kicked off yet?
wink

TooOldForThisWhoCares Mon 01-Apr-19 17:29:47

I'm not her btw! Just remember the catchphrase!

Calzone Mon 01-Apr-19 17:30:47

@soupdragon

13?????

Was this the daughter you didn’t tell Mumsnet you were pregnant with until VOILA!!!! I’ve just given birth......

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »