Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast recommendations

(6 Posts)
sophied1983 Sun 03-Feb-19 19:34:11

My little one is at childminder four days a week. We take breakfast with us. She has cereal all the time (usually malties) and dried apricots/raisins. Then usually a pot of fresh fruit or a yoghurt. What else could I pack to change it up a bit? It's great now as I put it all in pots on a Sunday so it's minimum preparation during the week. Or shall I just accept this is probably the most convenient option? Given that I have the same breakfast EVERY SINGLE DAY - don't know why I'm so worried about her having choice haha...

OP’s posts: |
PRoseLegend Sun 03-Feb-19 19:37:36

You could try overnight oats?
Mix oats and milk in a 1:1 ratio, cover, and leave in fridge overnight.
In the morning you can mix in fruit, cinnamon, honey etc, and eat cold or heat up in microwave.

GemmeFatale Sun 03-Feb-19 23:26:43

Hard boiled egg, cheese, cooked meat and bread roll?

Cold slices of frittata?

Salmon and cream cheese bagel?

Peanut butter and jam sandwich?

elephantoverthehill Sun 03-Feb-19 23:32:04

Err no to peanut butter, in case other children have allergies. I used to do a variety cereal pack and some fruit.

Blondie1984 Mon 04-Feb-19 00:06:04

How about making some oat or banana pancakes for her to take? You can make them in advance and then just portion...

Breakfast muffins - make them at the weekend, freeze them and just take one out the night before you need it

Hot cross bun with spread/mashed banana

Ricekrispie22 Mon 04-Feb-19 05:31:48

I was so chuffed when I discovered this baked oats idea www.tamingtwins.com/baked-oats-recipe/
It’s so quick now that I’ve got the hang of them and they’re fine eaten cold

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »