Talk

Advanced search

Best stodgy brownie recipe?

(7 Posts)
SausageSimon Mon 28-Jan-19 18:28:53

Has anyone got a great brownie recipe I could have please? I've just made some for the first time, they're cooling now and I can already tell they're more cakey than what I'd call a proper brownie which is like fudge like in texture, stodgy and rich.

Any ideas? smile

Batinahat Mon 28-Jan-19 18:45:03

I find this recipe from BBC good food makes really sticky soft brownies. In fact sometimes too sticky! Don't be alarmed at how raw the batter seems when you take it out if the oven, do as it says and leave to cool in the tin and they firm up. Loads of helpful suggestions and comments from people who've tried it too.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1223/bestever-brownies

thewreckofthehesperus Mon 28-Jan-19 18:47:36

Literally came on to post the same recipe as Batinahat. They are amazing!

SausageSimon Mon 28-Jan-19 19:01:03

That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Definitely going to give those a go!
We have some nice stodgy ones at work but they're from the freezer so I'm determined to learn how to bake my own just as good smile I'm practicing all of my baking so my neighbours are going to be getting lots of samples!

Fantastic advice about thinking the batter is raw etc thank you very much! I would've been unsure!

scaredofthecity Mon 28-Jan-19 19:03:32

I was just going to post that recipe too... they are amazing smile

TheWayOfTheWorld Mon 28-Jan-19 19:10:06

The frosted chocolate brownies from Hummingbird Bakery are amazing - I make them without the frosting and add extra choc chunks instead of nuts.

4merlyknownasSHD Mon 04-Feb-19 11:55:20

Nigella's Flourless Brownies
www.nigella.com/recipes/flourless-chocolate-brownies-with-hot-chocolate-sauce

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »