Talk

Advanced search

cheats pizza's

(6 Posts)
TLV Mon 02-Jul-07 14:09:12

Made them for my dd birthday sat and they were yummy (got recipe from a home mag) family were really impressed by them so I thought i would share

needed

Mini pitta bread
jar of pizza base sauce
spring onions
sweetcorn
cherry tommies (sliced)
mozzarella and cheddar cheese

spread sauce over pitta breads then sprinkle over onions/sweetcorn add the cherry tommies and sprinkle over cheese, put in oven for 10 mins

lilolilmanchester Mon 02-Jul-07 20:41:34

sound great, will try them! Thanks for sharing.

LyraB Mon 02-Jul-07 20:43:23

What a good idea to use mini pittas. DS1 wants pizza tomorrow night and I was dreading making the bases. I have homemade sauce in the freezer.
Thanks for sharing.

Daemara Tue 03-Jul-07 12:53:22

stopped buying frozen pizzas awhile ago now i just normally buy the bases and make sauce or use what i have. It tastes better and ds loved to help put toppings on, even if he will only have cheese and salami or ham on his. Not tried using pitta breads before though.

LyraB Tue 03-Jul-07 21:46:17

I tried the pitta bread pizzas tonight and they were great, much better than with the shop bought bases. Homemade sauce, mozzarella, cheddar, sliced tomatoes and mushrooms. lovely and relatively healthy.

franch Thu 27-Sep-07 19:23:09

Great tip TLV - the DDs' little friend couldn't get enough of these the other day - huge hit - thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now