Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recipe please for cornflake/crispies with golden syrup (not cocoa/choc)

(9 Posts)
Bouquetsofdynomite Mon 02-Jul-07 09:45:27

I have cornflakes, I have butter, I have syrup and sugar. Seems a bit extravagant to make up the quantities as I go along and risk sucking the lot through a big straw.

Imawurzel Mon 02-Jul-07 09:47:01

ooooohhh, i sooooooooooooo wanna know this too, but i have no chocolate. You should chop up some mars bars and melt them and stir it all in together and put in a tray and chill baby chill. Ooooh calorific!!!
Sorry, got a bit excited there at the thought of mars bar crispie cake. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bouquetsofdynomite Mon 02-Jul-07 09:48:23

Oh no, I just want to make golden ones, not brown ones!

Lilymaid Mon 02-Jul-07 09:49:40

My mother used to make these by melting slabs of toffee (Bluebird - don't know if it still available) and adding cornflakes/rice krispies to that. I think you will need to cook sugar, butter, golden syrup into a toffee mixture.

MrsBadger Mon 02-Jul-07 09:51:09

the ancestral recipe I have goes:

4oz toffees
2oz marshmallows
4oz marg
1 level tbsp honey
6oz cornflakes and/or rice crispies

Melt toffees, marshmallows, marg & honey, stir in flakes & crispies, press into greased swiss roll tin & chill

Bouquetsofdynomite Mon 02-Jul-07 09:53:20

Good lord, I'm not wasting toffee on the kids! (Toffee is my downfall, better than chocolate any day.) Looks like I'm just going to have to invent it as I go.

Bouquetsofdynomite Mon 02-Jul-07 09:53:46

Thanks btw, will post my recipe if it works.

Professorfilthymindedvixen Mon 02-Jul-07 09:55:31

er just a knob of butter, (say an ounce?) 2 tablespns syrup and a spn sugar. Heat til bubbly, stir stir stir, bubble bit more. Pour on crispiies, pour into lined cake tin, press down with spoon. Fridge. eat.

ELR Mon 02-Jul-07 09:57:59

dd made this add nursery other day they just did a dollop of butter a big spoon of syrup and some marshmellows then heated it up and added crispys accordingling then into bun cases

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now