Talk

Advanced search

Help ... do I leave hot food out overnight or put it in fridge?

(10 Posts)
Millie1 Sun 01-Jul-07 22:37:35

It's a meat loaf which came out of the oven a couple of hours ago. Still really hot. Fridge or worksurface - can anyone advise please?

Thanks

Dior Sun 01-Jul-07 22:38:27

Message withdrawn

BBBee Sun 01-Jul-07 22:38:35

wrap in foil and newspapaer and then fridge

is hot

is meat

WideWebWitch Sun 01-Jul-07 22:39:02

fridge

missyhols Sun 01-Jul-07 22:39:07

i usually leave out until completely cooled then put in the fridge. in which case i would leave it out all night

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 01-Jul-07 22:39:09

Ooh I can never decide on this either! If it's been out a couple of hours, then I'd prob go for fridge, but not touching anything else.

Skribble Sun 01-Jul-07 22:41:13

Don't know about meat but I put my soup in the hut to cool overnight then put in the fridge or freezer before it gets warm outside.

Millie1 Sun 01-Jul-07 22:41:39

Heavens ... that was quick - thank you!

Fridge it is then - it's already wrapped in foil in the loaf tin but i'll cover the top and put it in.

Thanks!

lilolilmanchester Sun 01-Jul-07 22:49:40

Hi Millie1... "it's already wrapped in foil in the loaf tin" ... perhaps that's why it's taken 2 hours to cool? Another time, remove from foil and tin (which are insulating the food) so you can cool it as quickly as possible

Millie1 Sun 01-Jul-07 22:55:59

Hi Lilli ... it's a very dense/heavy loaf which needs to cool in foil & tin otherwise it comes asunder. Believe me, it takes hours to cool and no doubt the insulation slows it down but there's no other way. Usually I make it in the morning then I don't run into these problems at bedtime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now