Talk

Advanced search

Our fridge has died - would anyone care to share their favourite store cupboard recipes please?

(10 Posts)
LivingInPoppyLand Wed 23-Jan-19 10:58:01

I’ve ordered a new fridge, but will take a couple of weeks so I’m looking for inspiration for fab store cupboard ideas. Just don’t want to be eating pasta and sauce for a fortnight.

OP’s posts: |
karmakameleon Wed 23-Jan-19 15:07:59

Daal and rice
Chickpea curry
Frittata
Baked potato with tuna mayo

Ricekrispie22 Wed 23-Jan-19 16:38:57

Root veg and lentil casserole www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1364/spicy-root-and-lentil-casserole
Chilli bean pie www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/chilli-bean-pie.html This requires a red pepper, which will survive unrefrigerated for a few days.
Black bean chilli www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/236609/black-bean-chilli
Tuna burgers realfood.tesco.com/recipes/tuna-burger-with-watercress.html
Sweet corn fritters www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/sweetcorn-fritters/
Tuna fish cakes www.bbc.com/food/recipes/easy_kids_fishcakes_70996

Ricekrispie22 Wed 23-Jan-19 16:43:25

Bean burgers www.wcrf-uk.org/uk/recipes/spicy-bean-burgers
Falafel burgers www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5605/falafel-burgers

LivingInPoppyLand Wed 23-Jan-19 17:22:39

Ooo, thank you @RiceKrispie22. I’d just started a massive jar of roasted peppers, so anything with pepper is good.

OP’s posts: |
runoutofnamechanges Wed 23-Jan-19 19:41:59

Salmon or tuna gefilte fishballs with salad. The name doesn't sound so appetising but they taste amazing! I just do it by eye so I don't have a recipe as such but mix tinned salmon or tuna with finely chopped onion, a bit of matzo meal (breadcrumbs will do as an alternative) and beaten egg to bind it together, then deep fry or poach. Just google gefilte fish, although most recipes will be for fresh white fish, just substitute with tinned salmon/tuna.

CrispbuttyNo1 Wed 23-Jan-19 23:37:15

Do you have a plug in cool box or know anyone you can borrow one from. We use ours as a back up when the fridge is full all the time,

VanillaSauce Sun 27-Jan-19 19:26:29

Corned beef hash
Fishcakes
Sweetcorn fritters
Dhal

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 27-Jan-19 20:08:20

I was just going to say Corned Beef Hash Vanilla smile

Alwaysatyke Sun 27-Jan-19 20:11:24

Peanut butter curry - I like it with sweet potato rather than pumpkin but you can use pretty much any veg. No fridge required!
www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/pumpkin-and-peanut-curry/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »