Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please tell me what to put in a good wrap for ds's lunch?

(9 Posts)
lunavix Sun 01-Jul-07 15:40:22

He loves the falafel one and the roast veg and hummous ones from boots but not entirely sure what to do for an easyish cheap home-made version...

WaynettaSpice Sun 01-Jul-07 15:45:54

diced peppers and hummous
chicken and mayo
Chicken caesar
tuna mayo
Basically anything goes.

lunavix Sun 01-Jul-07 15:46:35

should I roast the peppers first to make them softer/tastier?

Ds doesn't eat meat....

jaynehater Sun 01-Jul-07 15:58:41

If he's into houmous and falafel (enlightened boy!x) try peanut butter (barring allergies!!) with a merest dod of sweet chili sauce, salad, and left over roast chicken (pretend satay)or if you have leftover roast lamb (my poor kids - sunday dinner gets recycled for SUCH a long time...)with cucumber, tomatoes, and creme fraiche with a slosh of good mint sauce stirred through it gives them a kinda kebab - see the fake take-out links here? It's my little stab at remembering my staple early-90's diet!!

jaynehater Sun 01-Jul-07 15:59:28

If he's into houmous and falafel (enlightened boy!x) try peanut butter (barring allergies!!) with a merest dod of sweet chili sauce, salad, and left over roast chicken (pretend satay)or if you have leftover roast lamb (my poor kids - sunday dinner gets recycled for SUCH a long time...)with cucumber, tomatoes, and creme fraiche with a slosh of good mint sauce stirred through it gives them a kinda kebab - see the fake take-out links here? It's my little stab at remembering my staple early-90's diet!!

jaynehater Sun 01-Jul-07 16:01:11

Sorry, just read your second post that he doesn't eat meat - kick me later! Feta, tomato and cucumber? xx

pinkspottywellies Sun 01-Jul-07 16:03:46

Cream cheese with roast veg (aubergine, courgette, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes) - I make sure I have leftovers!

willywonka Sun 01-Jul-07 16:07:55

Generally we have salad leaves, onion & tomato plus fried halloumi cheese, chicken quorn pieces or feta with a handful of cannellini beans or similar thrown in for good measure.

lunavix Sun 01-Jul-07 16:17:35

oooh all good ideas thank you

jaynehater - no worries, I'll use those for dd instead (very much a carnivore!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now