Talk

Advanced search

Sweet potatoes

(10 Posts)
RedTulip86 Sat 12-Jan-19 10:53:02

I found nice recipefor sweet potato curry so decided to try it. They had them heavily reduced at the supermarket so now I’m a proud owner of 3 bags of sweet potatoes. What else can I make excluding curry already mentioned, chips and as a soup additive?

PurpleDaisies Sat 12-Jan-19 10:56:30

Jamie Oliver has a good recipe for chilli.

These dosas are really nice too.
www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/amazing-indian-dosa/

Also, roast chunks and they’re nice with pasta, pine nuts, red onion, olives and pesto.

TheRealBoswell Sat 12-Jan-19 11:04:11

Off the top of my head:

Add it to a quiche or frittata
Baked Crisps
Fries/wedges - can be baked or fried
Hasselback sweet potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes - can have with couscous or whatever
Stuffed sweet potatoes
Sweet potato salad

canibehereifimnotamum Sat 12-Jan-19 11:17:59

This is my favourite sweet pot recipe
https://minimalistbaker.com/mediterranean-baked-sweet-potatoes/

TheRhythmlessMan Sat 12-Jan-19 11:39:32

I like this Jamie potato salad side dish in this recipe-
https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/piri-piri-chicken-dressed-potatoes-rocket-salad-quick-portuguese-tarts/11974/

Also sweet potato brownies are a 'thing' these days

Olivecake Sat 12-Jan-19 11:43:22

I was going to post the same minimalist baker Mediterranean baked recipe as canibehereifimnotamum - so delicious and simple, I make it often!

Also love adding some baked sweet potato chunks to Mexican meals like chili or enchiladas.

ItsClemFandangoCanYouHearMe Sat 12-Jan-19 13:24:43

If you make chips, a sprinkle of cayenne pepper is beautiful.

I also now have many sweet potatoes and need some recipes so as you were grin

AtleastitsnotMonday Sat 12-Jan-19 13:42:58

These sweet potato falafels
I also make fishcakes with tuna, sweet potato very finely diced red onion and chillies

Bringbackthestripes Sat 12-Jan-19 13:47:04

pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-onion-bhajis/

Delish.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 12-Jan-19 15:31:37

They go really well with tangy feta cheese www.asdagoodliving.co.uk/food/recipes/baked-sweet-potatoes-with-chilli-feta
There are also loads of recipes for sweet potato fishcakes. I like these ones www.foodforfitness.co.uk/recipes/thai-sweet-potato-fish-cakes/
They make great hash browns www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/s/soft-poached-eggswithsweetpotatohashbrowns.html
This is just gorgeous www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1089637/sweet-potato-and-spinach-bake
And I love doing this recipe as there's such little washing up and it can be frozen www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spiced-chicken-spinach-sweet-potato-stew

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: