Talk

Advanced search

Would this taste okay?

(6 Posts)
justunbelieveable Thu 10-Jan-19 19:49:50

I decided to make a chilli con carne or a chilli of some sorts this week so I bought kidney beans, baked beans, and tinned tomatoes.
I'm now not sure if just those three together is going to be very nice? Has anyone had this before or can suggest anything else to add to it?
I don't have any meat apart from hot dogs in a tin and corned beef but I have a few tins of general stuff in my cupboards, as well as carrots and peas.

OP’s posts: |
milkmoustache Thu 10-Jan-19 19:56:07

Rinse the sauce off the baked beans first, use some spices (I do cumin, coriander, paprika) and a spoonful of cocoa powder, (yes really!), simmer slowly and it will be great!

Elledouble Thu 10-Jan-19 20:00:21

I’ve used baked beans in chilli before when it was all I had and it tasted fine! It’s got a tomatoey sauce anyway, hasn’t it?

kateandme Fri 11-Jan-19 04:51:13

cook the carrots with the garlic.onions first.some herbs and spices.
any pepper or lentils?
any sweet potatos.
yes to peas
and then add your other bits too they will be nice.

Expatworkingmum Fri 11-Jan-19 05:15:55

If you have any dark chocolate lying around, it’s such s good addition to chilli.

dalmatianmad Fri 11-Jan-19 05:23:17

I always add baked beans to my chilli's (and a tin of kidney beans). It bulks it out a little.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »