Talk

Advanced search

Is this ok?

(8 Posts)
mintchips Fri 29-Jun-07 10:13:40

I've got a large chicken for sunday roast and its use by is 1 july (sun) so is it ok to keep the left overs to use on monday?

Carmenere Fri 29-Jun-07 10:14:02

Yes

littlelapin Fri 29-Jun-07 10:15:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShinyHappyPeopleHoldingHands Fri 29-Jun-07 10:15:40

DH said it should be fine as long as you heat it through properly when you re heat it. So please don't get salmonella, or he will be responsible.

I take it the chicken is currently "fresh" as in not frozen?

suzywong Fri 29-Jun-07 10:15:53

Yes

Twiglett Fri 29-Jun-07 10:19:07

of course .. you just have to cook it 1 July .. then you put the rest in the fridge .. then you eat a little the next day because you remember..then you remember to make stock with the carcass about day 3 and put the stock back in the fridge .. then about a week later you find the stock and the remaining chicken in the back of the fridge and chuck it out

isn't that the ritual?

PestoMonster Fri 29-Jun-07 10:19:33

Yes, you've just got to cook it by 1st July. Once that's done it'll keep a little while longer in the fridge. If you re-heat it again afterwards, for example in a curry or something, please make sure you do it thoroughly and for long enough.

mintchips Fri 29-Jun-07 10:29:17

Thank you! Thoucht it would be ok but just wanted to check before possibly poisoning my family!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: