Talk

Advanced search

What kind of rice do I need to recreate this?

(8 Posts)
TheUselessGiraffe Sat 29-Dec-18 09:10:09

I came across this online quite a while ago. I think it was on a Turkish website because I remember everything was written in Turkish. Anway, I saved the pic but I forgot to bookmark the link blush I’m assuming the person used a bundt tin? What kind of rice will I need? And how I shape it as the pic? Will I need cling film? 🤔

Any suggestions?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Sat 29-Dec-18 09:13:12

that looks like your average long grain rice..is it some sort of stroganoff affair??

have you reverse searched the photo? you might find the original recipe.

CherryPavlova Sat 29-Dec-18 09:14:07

Looks like Basmati but could use long grain. Mix in some egg white and warm through to set in a bunch tin. Grease tin beforehand to ease out. Don’t use cling film if warming. Alternatively, i guess you could use cling film and not rinse rice so that starch and firm pressure held it together. Might be easier to,use a springform tin for first attempt.

MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Sat 29-Dec-18 09:18:40

here you go....All you need now is a turkish translator!

MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Sat 29-Dec-18 09:23:51

i found the translate button, recipe calls for Baldo rice which is a short sticky rice, and it says to sub arborio if you haven't any

although I am not sure that is short grain in the picture

TheUselessGiraffe Sat 29-Dec-18 10:24:41

Thanks everyone tbusmile I didn’t know I could reverse search something on google blush

TheUselessGiraffe Sat 29-Dec-18 10:25:16

@MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Where’s the translate button? Can you please screenshot it? Can’t find it 🙈 Just for future reference, in case there are other recipes that catch my eye. Thanks star

MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Sat 29-Dec-18 14:42:40

i am on the laptop so it just pops up ...google chrome but it sometimes takes a while though
I think you can set that up if you have a google account/gmail

reverse search is right click on picture, and select "search google for this image" and then scroll through the results as required.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »