Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

spinach & mushroom lasagne - do I have to use cottage cheese/ ricotta?

(5 Posts)
Stargazing Sun 24-Jun-07 13:55:51

Okay so I was at the supermarche with no real idea of what to make for dinner and ended up with spinach, mushrooms, lasagne sheets, parmesan, butter, milk etc - and thought, great, I'll do a spinach & mushroom lasagne. Now I get home and all the recipes say that you need ricotta cheese/ cottage cheese. Wouldn't this be cheese overload, what with the white sauce and all? And I really can't be a*sed to go back to the shops. Can I just do a layer of lasagne sheets, a layer of spinach and mushroom mixture (maybe with some tomato, if it has to be a bit wetter?) and a layer of cheese sauce? Will this work?

suzywong Sun 24-Jun-07 13:57:17

do what you like, love
AFAIA there are no lasagne Police operating in your area this month.

Stargazing Sun 24-Jun-07 14:08:56

ugh, what I am getting at is whether anyone knows whether his will work - not whether I have permission - but, oh, thanks ever so much for clearing THAT part of it up for me!

suzywong Sun 24-Jun-07 14:10:10

OK then, put some double cream and nutmeg in with the spinach and mushrooms and some toasted pinenuts for texture

PinkTulips Sun 24-Jun-07 14:12:36

at suzy

tomatoes sounds fine, i wouldn't worry too much.... there are about 200 million differant versions of lasagne and they mostly taste fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now