Talk

Advanced search

Have just bubbled jam all over the top of my Aga, any ideas how to get it off?

(8 Posts)
Swifey40 Tue 04-Dec-18 16:38:30

I turned away for a second and it was like molton lava!! Bugger!! It's on the hot plate, and just on the top, and of course it's now like cement. Any ideas as to how to get it off? Turning the Aga off is not an option, it heats the house and does the hot water too!! 😬

4merlyknownasSHD Tue 04-Dec-18 17:16:15

Paint scraper?

Eeyoreismyspiritguide Tue 04-Dec-18 19:29:12

If it's on the hot plate shut the lid and just leave it. It will burn off in a few hours (I'm presuming is the 'hot' hot plate).

Swifey40 Tue 04-Dec-18 19:37:42

Yes, it's on the hot hot plate 😂 and in between the two hot plates as well!! So annoyed with myself. It absolutely stank too!!

Eeyoreismyspiritguide Thu 06-Dec-18 21:19:32

If it's on the enamel try a scraper. Amazon do an oven scraper for about £8. Should work without scratching the enamel.

I'm not fortunate enough to have an aga, but grew up with one. My mum would just use a metal fish slice to scrape up remnants of food but she's not particularly house proud...

bilbodog Thu 06-Dec-18 21:57:19

I use brillo pads on my aga for really stuck on stuff. The hot plate is easy though - just leave it and it will literally burn off then you use the wire brush to brush it all away.

llangennith Thu 06-Dec-18 22:03:02

It should carbonise with the extreme heat the Aga gives out.

kateandme Fri 07-Dec-18 04:03:35

no idea about an arga sorry.with out hob we boil the kettle and pour it on with some detol kitchen spray.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: