Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Ice Cream Recipes

(5 Posts)
ParadiseLaundry Sat 01-Dec-18 14:58:22

Does anyone have any lovely Christmasy ice cream recipes they would like to share with me?

Last year I did orange and star anise which was a big hit and have previously done cinnamon and a pistachio but looking for something new to try this year if anyone has any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Sat 01-Dec-18 18:07:33

Do you have an ice cream maker?

ParadiseLaundry Sat 01-Dec-18 19:58:52

No, I just make it by hand but the recipes I've tried have always turned out well.

OP’s posts: |
HalloumiGus Sat 01-Dec-18 21:30:44

Paradise I would love your recipes! I have an ice cream maker. I was thinking of making mince pie ice cream this year with little frozen blobs of jarred mincemeat. I also live those cinnamon and orange almonds you can buy from street vendors or make at home so might make some and then drop them into ice cream.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 02-Dec-18 06:45:33

Marzipan and cranberry www.asdagoodliving.co.uk/food/recipes/festive-ice-cream
Amaretti www.taste.com.au/recipes/amaretto-ice-cream/a2da79f0-e7e1-4e7d-bc42-2e5c4d0b9b87
Baileys www.bbc.com/food/recipes/irish_cream_ice_cream_63791

Buttered Rum & Ginger Ice Cream

50g butter
50g light brown sugar
2 tablespoons of syrup from the stem ginger jar
50ml golden or dark rum
5 pieces of stem ginger – finely chopped
500ml double cream
200g condensed milk

~ Put the butter, sugar,ginger syrup and rum in a small pan andheat together over low heatstirring till everything has melted together
~Stir in the chopped ginger and simmer gently for 3 or 4 minutes.
~Cool completely.
~Whisk the cream till thick.
~Fold in the condensed milk.
~ Fold in the ginger and its sauce.
~ Freeze

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »