Talk

Advanced search

recipe for tuna pasta anyone?

(29 Posts)
clairejo Fri 22-Jun-07 12:28:56

My ss is coming for the weekend and has requested tuna pasta for tea. It is something I have just never thought of. Help

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Fri 22-Jun-07 12:39:12

It may sound a bit of a cop out, but I remember making a pasta tuna bake with a Colman's dry mix once. I followed the instructions on the packet (am I going to get lynched for this??) and even put crushed up ready salted crisps and grated cheese on top. It was really delish, and I am a poncy organic, seasonal, farmer's market kind of a gal usually.

Mmmmm. think I may be making tuna pasta bake again very soon. Apparently DD2 can't get enough of it when they have it for lunch at nursery.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 22-Jun-07 12:41:41

My tuna pasta:

- fry some onion in oil (can be oil from the tuna tin)
- add tin of chopped tomatoes, chilli and simmer
- add capers and tuna near the end

NotQuiteCockney Fri 22-Jun-07 12:42:07

(Who comes for the weekend and requests a dish you don't make? I can understand someone saying 'oh, it would be lovely if you made that lovely whatever you made last time' ...)

wurlywurly Fri 22-Jun-07 12:43:10

I normally do cooked pasta, tin of tuna,tin chopeed tomatoes, what ever veggies bit you wanna bung in. Into an ovenproof dish top with grated cheese and bung in oven.

sniff Fri 22-Jun-07 12:45:06

i put pasta lots 3 tins of tuna mayo onion sweetcorn in a dish and mix

but I will now try not quite cockneys

colditz Fri 22-Jun-07 12:45:11

how old is he?

I make tuna pasta with tuna, pasta, grated cheese and mayo - which is why I don't make it often.

sassy Fri 22-Jun-07 12:45:46

Mine is similar to the Colmans one.

Cook pasta, add frozen peas. Make white sauce, add tin if tuna and pinch of nutmeg at the end. Pour over pasta, mix well. Cover with crushed crisps, top with grated cheese and grill.

clairejo Fri 22-Jun-07 12:45:53

He is 6 years old and tbh likes nearly everything i cook but he has been asking me to make tuna pasta like his aunty when he is at daddys and i thought i would give it a go. my lo likes pasta and tuna too so would be a variation for him too

clairejo Fri 22-Jun-07 12:47:34

colditz how do you do it. he has mentioned mayo in it as opposed to tomatoes

wurlywurly Fri 22-Jun-07 12:48:29

ooh a mayo one, pasta, tuna, sweetcorn & mayo.

Curmudgeonlett Fri 22-Jun-07 12:49:38

I'd double check what she means because to me tuna pasta

is tuna (and possibly sweetcorn) mixed with mayonnaise and with hot cooked pasta thrown in and mixed around

there's none of this faffing around baking and cheese rubbish for our tuna pasta

iota Fri 22-Jun-07 12:51:54

ha Twig have just been searching for this thread - the tuna pasta debate

pollyanna Fri 22-Jun-07 12:52:31

you can either make it with a tomato sauce or a cheese sauce. My dcs prefer the tomato one. basically you cook some pasta,put it in a dish, put some tuna on top of it. Then separately cook a tomato sauce (with whatever veggies in you want) and pour that on, top it with cheese and bake.

Alternatively use a cheese sauce rather than a tomato sauce and bake.

Curmudgeonlett Fri 22-Jun-07 12:53:36

I thought I wsa feeling a strong sense of deja vu there

iota Fri 22-Jun-07 12:55:10

moi aussi - if we're doing French

Curmudgeonlett Fri 22-Jun-07 12:56:28

pourquoi pas

est-ce-que tu voudrai <answer> tout les threads en francaise de fille d'ecole aujourd'hui?

wurlywurly Fri 22-Jun-07 12:57:21

what??

iota Fri 22-Jun-07 12:57:38

non merci

wurlywurly Fri 22-Jun-07 12:58:15

bonjour,

colditz Fri 22-Jun-07 13:00:21

nooooo

that's tuna pasta BAKE

tuna pasta is a simple dish

ask the boy what his auntie puts in it

clairejo Fri 22-Jun-07 13:02:53

mayo, salad cream sweetcorn, tuna and pasta.

clairejo Fri 22-Jun-07 13:04:46

thats why i got confused cos in years past when i have made tuna pasta bake i have made it with cheese sauce but this is tuna pasta in a pan apparantley

iota Fri 22-Jun-07 13:05:42

right time for lunch - am now slavering for tuna mayo

Sunshinemummy Fri 22-Jun-07 13:06:59

Tuna, mayo, spring onion, tabasco and lemon juice. Put in a pan, warm through, mix with pasta. Ta dah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now