Talk

Advanced search

Easy work lunch ideas

(8 Posts)
GeoEm Wed 28-Nov-18 20:10:58

What do you do for lunch at work?

Any ideas on affordable, easy lunches to bring from home? Just need some new ideas

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
peachypetite Wed 28-Nov-18 20:11:57

The leon recipe book is good

lastqueenofscotland Wed 28-Nov-18 21:19:29

Do you have a microwave? I just make an extra portion of dinner

OhioOhioOhio Wed 28-Nov-18 21:20:12

Overnight oats

Ricekrispie22 Thu 29-Nov-18 05:23:14

A packet of Tilda pulses and rice www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/293226810 either cold or microwaved with a green salad.
Quiche. Sometimes I make my own or I buy those mini one portion crustless quiches. Again, equally tasty hot or cold.
Little one-portion tins of tuna in sauce like this www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/293226810 on a slice of toast or those Heinz beans snap pots on toast.
Couscous and feta salad
Pasta salad
Rice cakes spread with cream cheese
Pitta bread stuffed with falafel
Cold slices of pizza!

MaverickSnoopy Thu 29-Nov-18 06:27:13

Soup is my winter go to. In the summer I make a batch of salad on a Sunday to last at least 3 days - favourite is Greek salad.

I also like rice salad - rice, salad cream, grated apple and carrot, finely diced onion, handful of raisins, lemon juice and a spoonful of mango chutney - mix. I know it sounds pretty grim but it's honestly lush.

Cuzcothellama Thu 29-Nov-18 06:32:09

Decant some houmous into a little pot. Take crudites - I like red pepper, celery, cucumber, carrot, radishes. Couple of sticks of cheese, some rolled up ham & a couple of oatcakes to dip. Sometimes I also take cup a soup with this lunch for something warm!

Tin of soup if you have a microwave.

I work 3 days a week, so I sometimes just get a bag of salad & a pack of cooked chicken thighs from the co op or similar and that does me for the 3 days. I have salad dressing at work already.

Those instant porridge pots are nice and warming if you don't have porridge in the morning. Especially nice if you work evenings, it's like comfort food.

Occasionally when all else fails, I take a protein bar, which obviously isn't ideal but it is very filling!

Hedgehoginthefog Thu 29-Nov-18 12:04:16

Leftovers of pretty much anything - cold or heated up. Not quite as easy, but I like to do a big batch cook for the week when I have time - a vegetable lasagne, tray bake (usually veg with chicken or vegetarian sausages), soups, lentil/chickpea/bean stews, pasta bakes, frittatas, crustless quiches. I used to do baked potatoes quite often too, but I've been struggling to find reasonably priced large potatoes this year so that's not been happening.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »