Talk

Advanced search

Help! Dinner for 9 on Sunday - inc a diabetic, coeliac and diary free

(7 Posts)
bestbefore Tue 27-Nov-18 14:41:30

Any ideas?? 3 different people all with different dietary needs..
Folks will be happy to miss various elements and I can adapt bits and pieces but just feel a bit brain dead about what to do...
Might do a roast chicken (or 2) with all the trimmings / gluten free of course. Any other ideas or ideas for pudding? (Diabetic can skip that).
Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
rosea19 Tue 27-Nov-18 14:49:04

My husbands a diabetic coeliac, so I find meat, veg and potato based meals work well. He then has cheese and gluten free biscuits for pudding! I use cornflour to thicken sauces and to help with gravy.

bestbefore Tue 27-Nov-18 15:12:39

Cool; thanks; didn't think about cornflour being gluten free!

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Nov-18 15:14:13

Roast dinner
GF gravy with cornflour
Fruit salad avd meringues

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Nov-18 15:16:33

^ obvs meringues optional for dibetic.

This meal suited my parents and their best friend’s fur years.,they had the same combo of food issues, with added vegetarianism.

Babdoc Tue 27-Nov-18 15:19:11

It might be tricky to agree a date for the meal with the one who’s diary free, OP...!!

bestbefore Tue 27-Nov-18 15:46:19

Babdoc blushgrin - unfortunately she is free as that's me!! [why did I agree to hosting this meal???]
Thanks all; simple roast it is and I have always fancied making meringues so will give it a go. Maybe add in a cheeky choc pudding for the kids and ones with no special requirements! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »