Talk

Advanced search

Best vegetarian / vegan cookbook

(11 Posts)
1frenchfoodie Thu 22-Nov-18 20:51:09

My sister and BIL have gone mainly veggie and he is tempted by vegan food. They mainly use online recipes or recreate Hallo Gusto dishes. I thought it might be nice to get a vegetarian/vegan cook book for them for Christmas but despite having 250+ cookbooks I dont have a veggie one I’d recommend. Any suggestions?

They eat a wide variety of food (she likes Indian and Thai) but keep a fairly small stock of staples and have a 2 year old and 5 year old so I’d want someting with a fairly extensive selection of simple/quick meals.

OP’s posts: |
Whatsallthisaboutthen Thu 22-Nov-18 20:54:45

HFW’s two veg books are both brilliant.

BikeRunSki Thu 22-Nov-18 20:55:36

I’m veggie. I really like “Hairy Dieters Go Veggie”. I didn’t buy it as a diet cookbook, I bought it because it’s got some good recipes. I might be offended if I were given a diet book as a present!

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 22-Nov-18 21:09:28

The Happy Pear
BOSH!
Much more veg by HFW

lastqueenofscotland Thu 22-Nov-18 23:10:00

Leon fast vegetarian is good
Thug kitchen

Neolara Thu 22-Nov-18 23:14:15

Hugh Fernley whittingston's book Veg Everyday is my favourite veggie cook book. His follow up, More Veg, is vegan I don't like it as much but then I'm not vegan.

Amara123 Thu 22-Nov-18 23:16:18

I've heard Fresh India is good. I also like hfw's River cottage veg cookbook.

MintyCedric Thu 22-Nov-18 23:22:13

I've just bought this for a friend who is vegetarian but not into cheese!

Struck me have having some nice ideas and I am a committed carnivore.

1frenchfoodie Fri 23-Nov-18 07:11:21

Thanks for all the ideas. I’d never have thought of Hairy Dieters (my sister is one of a handful of people I can give a ‘diet’ book too without offenseand I do like the hairy bikers/dieters). And I’ve never heard of Happy Pear and BOSH even though they seem incredibly popular. Amara123 Fresh India is good, I just wanted something a bit more varied - I don’t think they have any veggie cookbooks.

OP’s posts: |
GaraMedouar Fri 23-Nov-18 07:23:13

How Not to.Die Cookbook is a great cookbook, with lovely illustrations. Vegan, wfpb.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 23-Nov-18 17:57:27

The Green Roasting Tin - veggie and vegan meals that you cook in...you guessed it...a roasting dish.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »