Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone Else Hooked on Gazpatcho?

(9 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Wed 20-Jun-07 19:40:34

With all the salad veg in season, I seem to be hooked on blender gazpatcho. I'm putting in:
- tomatoes (lots and lots)
- cucumber
- celery
- red pepper
- one or two cloves of garlic
- a bit of good olive oil
- a bit of red wine vinegar
- a bit of water

Blend, fridge, and then have by the glass.

Anyone else eating this? What do you put in?

MorningtonCrescent Wed 20-Jun-07 19:42:21

same as you but add some chillies and some ice cubes.

do you skin your tomatoes - I do but kep thinking I needed bother.

MorningtonCrescent Wed 20-Jun-07 19:42:48

dh puts corriander in but he has strange foreign ways.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 20-Jun-07 19:45:26

Oh, yes, I put in some drops of chilli sauce, the really really really hot stuff that comes out only in drips. Forgot that.

Coriander? Seriously? That seems odd ... although maybe some sort of herb wouldn't go amiss ... how would it blend?

MorningtonCrescent Wed 20-Jun-07 19:55:06

he rough chops first and then blends - it is nice but can be overpowering.

Am BishBarenyBee BTW.

Do you skin tomatoes?

Made carrot cake for my dad and he loved it - said it was like old fashioned bread pudding (!)

NotQuiteCockney Wed 20-Jun-07 19:56:12

I don't skin tomatoes. I only bother with that if making bruschetta, too much hard work generally.

Oh, did you use 'my' carrot cake recipe? We're living on banana cake here ... well, I say living, I made two loaves on Monday, I think it was, and they're all gone now.

MorningtonCrescent Wed 20-Jun-07 22:48:20

yes - you gave me your recipe ages ago - never use anything else now. I remember at first being surprised at the size of the cake but it is so nice people eat loads!

I made some for the school fayre at the weekend and it was so popular. I have crushed pineapple in the cupboard just incase....

NotQuiteCockney Thu 21-Jun-07 05:55:46

Yes, that carrot cake is popular - I make it for NCT sales etc, and made a triple or quadruple batch this year. I had to mix it up in a pot, as I don't own a bowl big enough. And still, it all went!

TooTicky Tue 26-Jun-07 22:49:41

Can you leave out the vinegar? I don't really do vinegar. And I couldn't put it in the fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now