Talk

Advanced search

Sauce / gravy for pork fillet

(9 Posts)
FusionChefGeoff Sun 18-Nov-18 09:41:07

Created a lovely stuffing, wrapped in bacon and roasted - yum yum.

But to take it to the next level it could have done with a sauce.

I only know how to make gravy from meat juices in the pan after cooking but I think the bacon fat would make that a bit grim

How could I make a sauce???

OP’s posts: |
MrsJayy Sun 18-Nov-18 09:44:43

I have onion sauce with pork fillet it is basically a bechimel with onions through it i prefer red onions

FusionChefGeoff Sun 18-Nov-18 10:12:30

Oh I hadn't thought of that - I think I'm looking for more of a jus not creamy though

OP’s posts: |
MrsJayy Sun 18-Nov-18 10:14:50

Ah right what about something cidery /a ppley

Lucylugs Sun 18-Nov-18 10:15:29

We always have apple sauce with pork.

treaclesoda Sun 18-Nov-18 10:18:18

You need one of those strainer jugs that separates the fat from the juice.

With pork fillet I always roast onions alongside it. Then take the meat out to rest and deglaze the pan with a slash of white wine or vermouth. Then add chicken stock, and bring it all to the boil. I pour it through a strainer into the fat separating jug and then pour all that back into a saucepan and let it reduce a bit.

guineapig1 Sun 18-Nov-18 10:20:09

You can get a jug which separates the fat.

We usually do either an onion and cider gravy or a creamy mustard sauce with it

Bouledeneige Sun 18-Nov-18 10:20:42

I'd put some elmlea or cream in the pan to deglaze it. Possibly with mushrooms, onions or peas (but only one of those options). Yum yum.

Chewbecca Sun 18-Nov-18 12:34:03

I like this Delia recipe for fast roast pork which had a cider jus, really easy and tasty.
www.deliaonline.com/recipes/collections/quick-and-easy/fast-roast-pork-with-rosemary-and-caramelised-apples

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »