Talk

Advanced search

Fish recipes for the freezer

(8 Posts)
DitheringDolly Wed 14-Nov-18 11:14:32

I am after some inspiration please!
I batch cook freezer meals for my elderly PILs in foil trays for them to heat up in the oven.
They love fish, but I struggle to think of suitable fish dishes other than fish pie.
Anyone have any suggestions
TIA

OP’s posts: |
Melusine2018 Wed 14-Nov-18 11:19:08

A fish stew, like a bouillabaisse, with tomatoes, white wine, etc?

Yokohamajojo Wed 14-Nov-18 11:21:33

Fish pie?

blackandsilver Wed 14-Nov-18 11:32:13

Haddock/salmon/smoked haddock risotto, Fish cakes, Goan/keralan style curry with some sort of white fish. You could also marinate tuna in Asian style dressing and then freeze; it could then just be thawed and steamed.

Highlove Wed 14-Nov-18 16:36:34

I reckon this would freeze fine: www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/promotions/jamies-tasty-fish-bake-7272546.html%3famp And it’s lush!

Fish Cakes?

I had fish lasagne once which was nice...maybe google a recipe for that?

Fish soup?

And I’m sure you’ve thought of this, but BBC Good Food is my starting point for just about any recipe/cooking quandary!

Ricekrispie22 Wed 14-Nov-18 18:11:12

Pp suggested risotto, but freezing and reheating risotto is a tricky one.
Salmon and watercress quiche www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1260645/salmon-and-watercress-quiche
Tagine (includes freezing instructions) www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipe/fish-tagine-saffron-almonds
Smokey fish stew realfood.tesco.com/recipes/smoky-fish-stew-with-lemon-and-parsley.html
Leek and mackerel pasta bake www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13137/leek-and-mackerel-penne-bake

DitheringDolly Wed 14-Nov-18 21:02:16

Thank you - lots of great suggestions there

OP’s posts: |
CrispbuttyNo1 Wed 14-Nov-18 21:05:11

Salmon and broccoli quiche

Fish curry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »