Talk

Advanced search

have I imagined a pudding you can make with rhubarb, ginger snaps and cream?

(12 Posts)
margoandjerry Tue 19-Jun-07 19:59:20

I have all said ingredients and I'm thinking crush ginger biscuits and layer them with whipped cream and rhubarb...

I'm sure I've seen this recipe somewhere (well, not really a recipe as no cooking required, more an assemblage) but I can't find it. Just wondering if there's more to it than that? Is there a subtle twist that will turn it from a strange collection of leftovers to a proper pudding that people will like and admire me for

MrsBadger Tue 19-Jun-07 20:00:49

put anything in a stemmed glass with lots of cream and people will love you for it

(do remember to stew the rhubarb and taste carefully for sweetness)

colditz Tue 19-Jun-07 20:00:53

Probably a common version of Eton Mess

King Edward's Comprehensive Mess.

MrsBadger Tue 19-Jun-07 20:01:21

Polytechnic Mess

colditz Tue 19-Jun-07 20:01:38

Peach schnapps whipped in with the cream would be nice, I reckon.

ahundredtimes Tue 19-Jun-07 20:01:53

Surely not imagined it, sounds divine. How about make a rhurbarb fool with crushed biscuits on the top, or the bottom, or forget the biscuits and just eat the fool?

colditz Tue 19-Jun-07 20:01:53

Damn you Badger.

MrsBadger Tue 19-Jun-07 20:02:45

look, you didn't imagine it

Peachy Tue 19-Jun-07 20:03:43

familiar but can't remember the name (LOL at Colditz- coz like they use stemmed glasses in laods of comps these days )

I thought you did biccys, cream rhubarc so the biccys absorbed the cream? and tehn I would add a touch of stem ginger over cream to the final layer

and some syruppy cooked down demarara and ginger wine perhaps would pull it together?

fibernie Tue 19-Jun-07 20:04:45

I've been making a ginger orange log thing for years - dip gingernuts in orange juice then wedge them together into a log with cream. Cover whole thing with cream then crumble flake over the top.
I bet it would work just as well with rhubarb if you stewed it first.
It's damn nice with the orange juice tho.

margoandjerry Wed 20-Jun-07 07:45:46

Thanks for all the tips - sounds gorgeous. Making it tonight so will report back.

margoandjerry Thu 21-Jun-07 20:38:26

ooooooh, that was lovely <licking lips smiley>

Even nicer the day after when the ginger nuts have gone all squishy...thanks MN ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now