Talk

Advanced search

Cake tins v Tupperware style cake boxes?

(10 Posts)
Mindgone Sat 03-Nov-18 01:02:38

Which is better for keeping cakes or biscuits fresh please?

OP’s posts: |
AjasLipstick Sat 03-Nov-18 06:22:13

Tupperware in my experience. Don't know why though.....the tins seem to be air tight but probably aren't.

Mindgone Sat 03-Nov-18 10:53:29

I think the same, I don’t see how tins could be airtight, but am hoping someone will say they are, because I like the look of them and want to buy a set! smile

Loyaultemelie Sat 03-Nov-18 10:57:31

Sorry tupperware vote here I'm afraid

hugoagogo Sat 03-Nov-18 11:03:07

If you can get a tin with some sort of sealing ring made of plastic or silicon or something then they would probably work about the same. like this?

MotherForkinShirtBalls Sat 03-Nov-18 11:13:24

I usually go for a clip top tupperware box for cakes and use it upside down. It drives me bonkers that cake tins aren't lid down. Who wants to be lifting a cake in and out of a tin to cut it? <grump>

SimplyPut Sat 03-Nov-18 11:46:20

For biscuits I use glass jars!

Mindgone Sun 04-Nov-18 19:49:17

Thanks all smile.
Has anyone had good results from storing baked goods in tins?

FrederickCreeding Sun 04-Nov-18 19:52:05

Yes, I bought a set of John Lewis cake tins and they are fine. Cake stays nice and fresh. However, I agree about the annoying lifting in and out thing, so am gradually moving to tupperware.

reallybadidea Sun 04-Nov-18 19:53:14

I've never had any problems with tins and they look nicer than tupperware I think.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »