Talk

Advanced search

Good lamb curry recipe?

(6 Posts)
PumpkinPie2016 Fri 26-Oct-18 19:08:22

Hithlsmile

Can anyone recommend a good lamb curry recipe? I am having guests tomorrow night and fancy doing a curry. I always seem to make chicken curry so would like to do something different.

We are not fussy and there are no allergies/major dislikes so all suggestions welcome thlsmile

OP’s posts: |
QueenNovo Fri 26-Oct-18 19:10:13

Lamb keema is lovely, I've just had it for tea tonight.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6006/lamb-keema

Petitepamplemousse Fri 26-Oct-18 19:14:35

Lamb karahi— you will NOT regret it. People rave about this when I make it:

maunikagowardhan.co.uk/cook-in-a-curry/mughlai-karahi-gosht-slow-cooked-lamb-curry-with-tomatoes-garlic-and-garam-masala/

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 27-Oct-18 08:31:56

Both of these look amazing! Having a hard time choosing which to make!

petit the recipe you link to says 5 garlic - for that mean 5 cloves or 5 while bulbs?

OP’s posts: |
Petitepamplemousse Sat 27-Oct-18 14:49:05

I think it means 5 cloves. But I tend to add more- about a whole bulb.

KingBee Sun 28-Oct-18 14:00:41

Spicy Minced Lamb with fennel, chilli & tomato
(Serves 4)
700gms minced leg of lamb
8 garlic cloves
1” ginger
1 birds eye green chilli
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 curry leaves
250gms white onions finely chopped
120gms tomato roughly chopped
Salt to taste
50mls water
1 tbsp lemon juice
Coriander for garnish
For the spice paste;
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 heaped tbsp coriander seeds
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 dried kashmiri chillies (or any mild dried chillies)
10 curry leaves

Blend 6 cloves of garlic along with all the ginger and chilli in a grinder to a smooth paste with a splash of water. Add this paste to a large mixing bowl along with the minced lamb. Mix well and set aside while you make the spice paste.
For the spice paste; in a large frying pan heat the oil over a low heat. Add the coriander seeds along with the fennel, cumin and dried chillies. Fry this stirring often for 8 minutes. Now add the curry leaves (be careful as they begin to splutter) and fry for a further 2 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave to cool. Blend this in a mixer/ grinder with 80mls water to a smooth and thick paste. Set aside while you make the curry.
In a heavy bottom large sauce pan heat the oil over a medium flame. Add the remaining 2 cloves of garlic along with the curry leaves. As they splutter tip in the chopped onions. Fry for 10-12 minutes and stir continuously as they begin to soften.
Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry for a further 6 minutes. The tomatoes will go slightly mushy. Turn the heat up slightly and add the marinated minced lamb. Fry the lamb for 8 minutes stirring well to mix.

Turn the heat back to medium and add the spice paste making sure to mix it in. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste. Add the water and bring to a boil. Simmer on a low heat with a lid on for 25 minutes. Stir half way through cooking.
At this stage the keema curry will be rich and will have thickened. Turn the heat off and garnish with coriander and lemon juice. Serve with flaky paratha, some soft dosa or simply with chapattis.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »