Talk

Advanced search

Alternatives to a lovely wee cup of tea

(17 Posts)
dollydelightful Sun 26-Aug-18 13:01:49

I'm trying to cut out dairy, have been doing really well for the past month.... but I'm really missing my nice cup of tea with milk! I really don't like the taste of like soy/ almond/rice milk etc in my cuppa, and although I love herbal teas, I'm starting to get really bored of them, even my favourite (fennel).
Any suggestions for alternative warm drinks?

OP’s posts: |
kateandme Sun 26-Aug-18 14:36:31

love warm squashes.all flavours and Ribena.would hot chocolate or home made lattes.be better tasting even with lacto free milks?
malt drinks.

Ollivander84 Sun 26-Aug-18 14:42:16

Try bird and blend - they've got really unusual different teas

BasicUsername Sun 26-Aug-18 16:42:30

Spiced apple tea, or cinnamon and apple are lovely.

As an alternative to tea, I like hot ribena.

MeMyselfand Sun 26-Aug-18 16:45:33

Chai latte tea, you don't need to add milk to it but tastes nice and creamy. Although I'm not sure if it has powdered milk in it 🤔

chuckiecheese Sun 26-Aug-18 16:46:16

Mint tea. Two/three sprigs of fresh mint, pour over boiling water & allow to steep.

Add sugar if desired & enjoy wink

Blondie1984 Sun 26-Aug-18 17:02:05

Rooibos tea is fairly good and I mean a big fan of lemon and ginger

Why are you trying to cut out dairy if you don’t mind me asking?

dollydelightful Sun 26-Aug-18 17:27:13

Warm squash sounds good, as does the fresh mint tea! Thanks for the ideas.
I'm cutting out dairy and wheat as I reckon I have mild allergy or intolerance- very dry skin, puffy eyes, low energy. Just want to see if a month/ 6 weeks makes a difference, before I consider allergy or intolerance testing. I've noticed a difference to energy levels, but nothing significant to my skin/eyes.

Blondie1984 Mon 27-Aug-18 01:35:59

The improved energy levels could be because you are eating a better/wider range of foods rather than necessarily because you've cut out wheat and dairy...
If you do decide to get tested then please go via your GP or a registered nutritionist or dietitian (not a nutritional therapist) and not one of those testing kits - they aren't accurate
Have you considered taking a pre/probiotic - it could be that boosting your gut health could help

TheConquestOfHappiness Mon 27-Aug-18 12:34:29

DH likes this stuff, it’s dairy free

Tumeric Latte

dailyshite Mon 27-Aug-18 12:41:27

buddhas tears tea from T2.

Amazing stuff.

Gildashairflick Mon 27-Aug-18 13:16:50

My OH uses oatmilk in tea and doesn't mind the taste at all. Nearest he's found to 'normal' milk

Isentthesignal Mon 27-Aug-18 15:36:25

Oatly barista is as close as we’ve found

MouseRatFan Thu 30-Aug-18 20:44:31

Oatmilk is the way forward

ElizabethinherGermanGarden Thu 30-Aug-18 20:48:23

The tesco finest lemongrass and ginger teabags (the ones that look like teapig knock offs) are great - properly pep-you-up, but without caffeine and not sweet.

Margaurette Thu 30-Aug-18 21:17:52

Teapigs do a lovely licorice and mint tea. It's the only type of herbal tea that makes me feel I've had a proper brew, not hot water.

dollydelightful Fri 31-Aug-18 15:01:06

Got some oatmilk- it's amazing!! Thank you all, don't need to give up my cuppa brew

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »