Talk

Advanced search

Jamie and the Nonnas

(5 Posts)
BamboofordinnerAgain Tue 21-Aug-18 08:22:15

And I know it should be nonne really...
So, I’ve been watching the series with Jamie and Gennaro loving life in Italy, chatting up the old dears etc. And I’m just about to buy the book, but wondered if anybody already has it, and can answer a question.
Are the recipes in there just the Jamie version that he cooks on the programme, or are the Nonna originals in there as well? He watches them cook all this amazing food, then does ‘my take’ afterwards, which never looks as good. Hope that makes sense...

OP’s posts: |
magimedi Tue 21-Aug-18 08:48:06

I would also like to know this.

I've gone to knidle books & you can 'look inside' & see about 5/6 recipes but I can't remember if they are nonna/nonne ones or not!

Syfychannel Tue 21-Aug-18 08:51:09

I had a look at the book, it looks nice and I think at least some of the Nonna recipes are in there, along with a little bit about the ladies.

Syfychannel Tue 21-Aug-18 08:52:30

Also this programme should totally have been called 'Jamie and the Nonnas' grin

BamboofordinnerAgain Tue 21-Aug-18 09:02:01

Well the Nonnas are the best thing on TV. It’s making me look forward to being old. Except that I’m not an Italian caper farmer, and unlikely to end my days on a sun drenched island. Sigh...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »