Talk

Advanced search

Packed lunch inspiration

(7 Posts)
meladeso Sun 19-Aug-18 14:52:54

Hey,

About to switch to packed lunches for DS, age 6.

I really want him to eat as healthy as possible, so plan to do a bit of lunchbox ideas research online over the next couple of weeks.

But do any of you guys have any tips for me please?

He's pretty good with most foods so happy to be a little adventurous.

TIA.

OP’s posts: |
AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 19-Aug-18 15:49:17

Mini fritata
Tuna pasta with sweetcorn and peppers
Baked falafel I need pita
Couscous with peppers, spring onion and chicken
Cheese are crackers
Crudités, breadsticks and dip (cream cheese, humous, guacamole etc)
carrot and hummus wrap
Egg and salad roll

AtleastitsnotMonday Sun 19-Aug-18 15:52:24

If you freeze frubes they thaw by lunch and keep the rest cool.

meladeso Sun 19-Aug-18 16:07:02

Awesome thanks!

OP’s posts: |
kirta Sun 19-Aug-18 16:09:31

My daughter likes cous cous with some random stuff thrown in. I make cous cous on Sunday night, and she has is usually with a bit of whatever we have had from the night before. Works with meatballs, roast chicken, sometimes do an extra bit of salmon, tinned tuna etc. Then some chopped veg. Works well for us. And frozen frubes are a necessity!

Ricekrispie22 Sun 19-Aug-18 17:43:09

My DC like anything on a skewer.... pieces of ham, chopped up sausage, peppers, tomatoes, cubes of cheese,olives, bread etc... They're great for using up things in the fridge!
Instead of sandwiches, sometimes they have a slice of pizza or a mini pizza.
If I have time I make up individual portions of fruit in jelly in plastic Tupperware pots.

ivykaty44 Sun 19-Aug-18 17:47:18

I used to make dd1 wizard drumsticks, marinade in honey and red current jelly and roasted on Sunday. Then popped in pack lunch with rice cakes, chopped melon and raisins

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »