Talk

Advanced search

LunchBox Prep - Maximum number of days you can leave in fridge?

(10 Posts)
JontheParent Sat 11-Aug-18 14:51:38

Hey all.

I am struggling to pack lunch in the mornings every day. I have started packing it 1-2 days before, but was wondering what was the maximum number of days you would leave lunchboxes in the fridge?

I think 2 days is fine, but what do you all think?

MusicMammaMia Sat 11-Aug-18 14:53:13

Freeze sandwiches, take them out and leave to defrost overnight. Bread goes stale in the fridge.

Seeline Sat 11-Aug-18 14:54:07

I suppose it depends on what they contain.

Ofthread Sat 11-Aug-18 14:54:38

Frozen sandwiches defrosted go straight in the bin.

YerAuntFanny Sat 11-Aug-18 15:08:30

I guess it depends on what you have in it.

Bread based I'd say 2 days, pasta/salad type dishes I'd say 3 days would be fine.

I can't bring myself to try frozen sandwiches!

Hellywelly10 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:08:55

My sister saved for a nose job by eating frozen sarnies at work for a year! Personally id rather have a crooked nose.
How about pasta salad that would last longer in the fridge.

TheCrowFromBelow Sat 11-Aug-18 15:17:38

How many lunches are you making?
2 days for rolls in the fridge should be ok as long as you warp them straight away .
I could put together DS2s packed lunch in under 5 minutes, it wasn’t fancy but it was eaten which is the point really.
Rolls are much easier to prep and didn’t come back as crusts. Slice of ham (or chicken/ cheese) plus slices of cucumber in rolls. Add a fruesli bar/cake/mini cheddars and a satsuma or a carrot, Job done.
And frozen sandwiches, do not go there!
Rolls freeze well with no filling and defrost in 15 secs in the microwave. Much nicer than slimy defrosted filling.

JontheParent Sat 11-Aug-18 18:10:37

I could not imagine frozen sandwiches, plus my little one is very fussy so i dont think he will enjoy eating frozen sarnies.

I think 2 days is fine , i was just checking if it was normal. I felt like it might be a little old left for 2 days as opposed to making it fresh!

MusicMammaMia Sat 11-Aug-18 18:52:55

Bread, pesto, cheese and chicken sandwich frozen, defrosted and then toasted in the oven is lush!

JontheParent Sat 11-Aug-18 19:21:27

@musicmammamia - unfortunately there are no readily available toasters in school (well not in my sons one!)

But for lunch I can imagine it would be absolutely lush!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: