Talk

Advanced search

Alternative crumble ideas?

(12 Posts)
TooFewHands Thu 02-Aug-18 23:07:58

Hi smile
I'm an adult fussy eater. I like crumble, not mad keen on cooked apple or rhubarb though. I pick the lumps out like a child! Nobody to tell me off now see!

I literally like all other cooked fruits except pears. Which alternative crumble is nicest please?

OP’s posts: |
MotherofTerriers Thu 02-Aug-18 23:09:04

Plum

myrtleWilson Thu 02-Aug-18 23:11:09

ooh yes my dd did a Nigella Italian plum crumble for Christmas a few years ago - was delicious www.bbc.com/food/recipes/ruby-red_plum_and_83013

Joinourclub Thu 02-Aug-18 23:12:47

You can do crumble with tinned peaches.
I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad crumble. Though I do prefer a mixture, and like apple and rhubarb or plum and peach. Maybe blackberry and strawberry would work?

Blondie1984 Fri 03-Aug-18 00:36:41

Gooseberry crumble is nice and if you want something really indulgent then try banana caramel/toffee

Also, have you considered savoury crumbles? This works really well with the creamy filling that you would normally put in chicken pie - only downside is that you can't really have custard with it without getting odd looks!

caroldecker Fri 03-Aug-18 00:54:46

Plums should be cobblered not crumbled

Ricekrispie22 Fri 03-Aug-18 06:28:06

Caramelised pineapple with coconut and orange zest topping.

Mmer Fri 03-Aug-18 06:33:09

Raspberry is good.

TickledOnion Fri 03-Aug-18 06:44:45

Mixed berries. I use a pack of frozen mixed berries straight from the freezer.

mrsnec Fri 03-Aug-18 07:04:00

I like any berries in mine. I've done all strawberries before with almonds in the crumble and that's nice.

Also peaches I agree. Sometimes I do peach and raspberry.

I put different things in the crumble too if I have things to use up, nuts, biscuits or cereal for example. My last one had a sachet of golden syrup flavour oat so simple in it.

GoldenBlue Fri 03-Aug-18 07:14:09

Strawberries are yummy no need to add sugar

Jaxtellerswife Fri 03-Aug-18 08:24:24

Banana and caramelshock
I know what I'll be trying next! Im pregnant and that sounds amazing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »